OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running my Radion at 55% . The fixture is 12 inches above the water line. I wrote my own lighting schedule. Housing both SPS and LPS corals.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You still liking this tank, I'm thinking about buying one. Where the spray bar connected at the bottom would you be able to connect Loc Line and running it to the surface?

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the tanks running? I am thinking about one and putting a 10 gallon sump in the stand where I can also put a phosban reactor and skimmer, and ATO.
.ranchonodinero; My tanks are doing quite well. Thank you for asking. If you going to go the sump route, may i sugest that you look at deepblueprofessional.com. They have a rimless 30 gallon reef ready frag tank that is already drilled and chambered for a sump. The tank measurements are 24x24x12 ( lenght x width x height) i think you could save some time and money going this route. Just thought i would mention it to you. If you have your heart set on the jbj i would love to see your sump mod on this tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the deepblue tank ready to go. I am giving some serious consideration to breaking down the JBJ and replacing it with this tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use to cut the acrylic down to size?

Reefin Reefer. The size of the tanks intake chamber was approximately 4 3/4 " wide x 4 1/2" in dept. The first thing i did was to cut the filter sock hole in a larger than needed piece of 3/16" acrylic. I used a 4" hole saw. What is really needed is a 4 1/8" hole saw but could not find one anywhere locally. You just have to work the hole saw by wobbling it side to side after you cut the initial hole. Then sand....sand....sand until the filter sock pops in place snugly. After you have that part done, then go ahead a cut the acrylic to size. You'll have to clip the 4 edges of the top plate in order to clear the silicone holding the tank together. Dry fit that piece and make adjustments as needed. Cut two pieces of acrylic to use as support legs for the top piece. Again accommodating for the tank silicone. Use aquarium silicone and fasten them to the front and back of the filter chamber. Let it set up ( see pics above) the take some coral glue or super glue and fasten the top plate to the support legs. Again let it set up. Silicone in the edges of the top plate in and your done.

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
deepblue makes their own stands. I don't actually own this tank but my LFS is selling the tank and stand for around $320.00

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make knifes to cut glass and acrylic, but I used and jig saw with a blade designed to cut plexiglass/acrylic to cut the corners.

superbluetang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the update on the tank? How was coral growth with limit water volume? I'm looking to set mine up also but wanted to confirm before I do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back