Montipora help

Ibassfsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also read in your post it has not attached itself yet. You need to super glue the bottom of it to a piece of live rock. That will help it encrust to the rock. It takes quite a while for that to happen.

Fishguy597

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your parameters are unstable. Once you get alk ,cal, and mag in check and stable it should take off. By the looks of your pic you have very little coraline algea growing wich makes me think that the water is out of wack.

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be an acclimation issue. I personally have 0 grow for some corals for the first couple or weeks to months, but that's my personal experience.

Lee_is_007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tests did the local fish store do? Usually they just do ph, nitrrate, and maybe alk. You need to check your Mag and Calcium. Montis can grow in all sort of light. Some like high and some like low. If it like high it wont fade in high light and if does fade move to a lower part of your tank. I bet your problem is with Calc and Mag. I would check into those.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back