Most colorful fish for a nano

Hungriee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting up a nano, its going to be a 15g tank. What are my options for the most colorful fish?

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't go wrong with a Royal Gramma, but only as your last fish in..but with a 15g it won't be a long list of fish going in..

OP
OP
H

Hungriee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm. i might opt for a 40g breeder actually - any change in fish list?

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huge difference...but first some questions are in order..will it be a fish only or reef tank? if reef, what types of coral do you plan on keeping? do you have any other tanks currently? asking because if you don't have any other tanks, you'll probably want a clown and if so, that will be one of the fish on your list. If fish only, you can't go wrong with a Flame angel as far as color and bang for your buck. If reef, you can still chance it and get a Flame Angel, but there are other completely reef safe fish as well. Lastly, will it be open top or closed top? If closed, you can look into a variety of beautifully colored reef safe wrasses. I can go on and on about your options but will wait to see what type of nano this will be ; )

OP
OP
H

Hungriee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it'll be a reef tank housing only LPS and zoas. As far as LPS it'll be acans, micromussas, blastos, favias and scolys. I currently run a mix reef (37g) tank w/ a purple firefish, red banded antennae goby, orange spot goby, blue spot jawfish. The tank has SPS (monti,digi, ora milli, tort) LPS (frogspawn,torch, Blasto, Acan, Duncan) and softies (xenias, cloves, zoas, purple shrooms).

In the upcoming tank I want to make it quite shallow scape like a lagoon, so Im not sure what colorful fish will thrive. Only thing is I want active fish, no cardinals since they tend to be stationary.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, if you want active and colorful..then there is one fish that perfectly fits the bill..MYSTERY WRASSE...I love mine. However, you MUST have a closed top. That is a fish that gets a lot of oooh's and aaaah's in my tank.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not if you add the fish last...mine hasn't "murdered" my Fire Shrimp and my Skunk Cleaner SHrimp as everyone said it would. The fish was added last and is the most peaceful fish in my tank.

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I myself have been interested in the mystery wrasse. Is there anywhere to get them on the cheaper side. Thanksss.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back