Mp 40 dry side support bracket

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have sent melev’s reef a pm here and an email to the address listed on his web site about the clear mp cradles. He states they are for the 60’s but 40’s available soon. Since I can’t get a reply, does anyone know where I can get a set similar to the ones he sells? The handful of 3d printer ones just appear bulky and distracting. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have sent melev’s reef a pm here and an email to the address listed on his web site about the clear mp cradles. He states they are for the 60’s but 40’s available soon. Since I can’t get a reply, does anyone know where I can get a set similar to the ones he sells? The handful of 3d printer ones just appear bulky and distracting. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Never heard of this do you have any pics ?

Zestfullyclean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link to ones that may work.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK now I understand what you’re looking at but my question is why would anybody need one of those I run five mp40s on different tanks and I’ve never in 10 years. Had an issue with one coming off using the appropriate shim tank in the living room, my cats even stretch up to it and put their paws on it as they come back down and it doesn’t move

Zestfullyclean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK now I understand what you’re looking at but my question is why would anybody need one of those I run five mp40s on different tanks and I’ve never in 10 years. Had an issue with one coming off using the appropriate shim tank in the living room, my cats even stretch up to it and put their paws on it as they come back down and it doesn’t move
I added them because the MP40’s barely hang on with 3/4” glass.

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better to be safe than sorry, especially with a $400+ powerhead.

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I have 5 MP40s running and never knew anything like this existed. I've just always supported the cable from above using the self adhesive thingamajigs that are included. Definately do not want the dry side hitting the floor. Would be a cleaner look bringing the cables up vs having them hanging down I think.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about this. Is this more appealing? If so reach out to 4Daquatics. I think they have these in the works. 4daquatics.com

tmp_abf15865-8f58-463f-90ce-61c5036810b2.jpeg

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I have 5 MP40s running and never knew anything like this existed. I've just always supported the cable from above using the self adhesive thingamajigs that are included. Definately do not want the dry side hitting the floor. Would be a cleaner look bringing the cables up vs having them hanging down I think.
I would route the cables up. Just want something supporting it for say when I’m cleaning or swapping out the wet side. Buddy of mine was using the adhesive pads to hold the cables and support the dry side. While he was cleaning the wet side he heard the dry side hit the floor because the little ziptie holders let go of the glass. Trying to avoid this from ever being an issue.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve also read about somebody running a bead of hot glue on the underside of the dry side where it meets the glass. Hot glue peels off easily but will provide some support for the dry side. I will likely do that in addition to the above clips.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back