Mr. D's 40g AIO Box of Water

SmoothSmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much! I've actually been toying with the idea...I just need to find small enough light, suggestions?

No idea, I'm new to SW. If it were me, I'd get something cheap lol. As it's just there for the blue moon light effect and not growing any corals.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man first thing that comes to mind when I see your rock scape is a couple pink, blue, purple, and green millis around your large island. That would looks sick plus maybe a cool sun coral for the left side of the tank.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man first thing that comes to mind when I see your rock scape is a couple pink, blue, purple, and green millis around your large island. That would looks sick plus maybe a cool sun coral for the left side of the tank.

Definitely sun coral. I really want to do millis. I love them.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I been wanting to do a sun coral just been hard to find one. Plus ive been dealing with a tank crash with one of my nanos so I been scared to buy lol
Definitely sun coral. I really want to do millis. I love them.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I been wanting to do a sun coral just been hard to find one. Plus ive been dealing with a tank crash with one of my nanos so I been scared to buy lol
Uh oh!

I just need to find a decent milli pack or a few that are within reason. I'm not really after the super fancy items. Overpriced.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10257736_10154022069970453_5686192424414983695_o.jpg

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cute fish!
And as far as moonlights...I have a string that I got from Drs F&S that are expandable....3 little LEDs to a section...

Oh and my new addiction is gorgonians...so I love that purple blade you have!

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cute fish!
And as far as moonlights...I have a string that I got from Drs F&S that are expandable....3 little LEDs to a section...

Oh and my new addiction is gorgonians...so I love that purple blade you have!

I am a huge gorgonia fan. <--- Get it? hahaha!!

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling rather accomplished this morning. It's difficult when you have little ones running around. :hammer:

I installed the Hydor Smart Level ATO. Tested it 3 times to make sure I had the valve set so that it would restrict flow just enough. The minimum time for the pump to be active is 25 seconds. The max being 10 minutes. I made a very crude "U" shaped feed line out of a solid return line. I heated it so that it gave some bend and rubber banded the line as it wouldn't stay bent. I needed it to hook the back of the tank and do so without being in the water so a siphon wouldn't be created. I tested it on the tank and it worked.

My issue so far is that it takes too long to recognize there is an overfill. I unplugged the return pump and the sensor was fully submerged for at least 5-8 seconds before it activated the alarm. My only thing to be concerned about is if the ATO unit fails and the pump stays on...

I also installed door locks for the tank stand. I've been meaning to do that for at least a year now. Can someone say procrastination? The ATO bucket, equipment, and such is all the motivation I needed to get it child proofed.

_DSC0515.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good man!

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really liking this tank. Well done. On my 29 I used 2 blue led's wired up to a 5 volt power supply and it works great. That should give you some light on that side if you want it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back