MTRC Frag Swap---WHO'S GOING?

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definetly going. If anyone wants anything that you know I have let me know and i'll make a few frags otherwise I'll probably only be buying this year.

Some Corals I can easily frag:

SPS
Orange cap
Green cap with purple rim
Barney monti
Pink and Blue Milli
Puple Validia
Green Table

LPS
Trumpet Coral

Zoanthids
PPE
PHE
AoG
LoTR
Eagle Eyes
Bam Bams
Dragon Eyes
Green Bay Packers
Cat Eyes
Green with brown mouth
and what is either called gorilla nipples or blow pops

Let me know.
Brandon

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, can you tell me what the colors are on the Barney Monti?
I haven't heard of that one before, but I'm just starting to get into aquiring some of the cooler colored Monti's so I might be interested in that one depending on coloration and price.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, trade me a small PHE frag for the turaki frag? Its about 1.5 inches. Whatever you think is fair is OK with me, even 1 polyp, as mine got overgrown by the EvilMels and went to Don.

Dave

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kay, I want some as long as it's not too expensive since I'll have to pay for it out of what I make at the frag swap.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the things I'm bringing. Not too much named, but some decent stuff. I haven't gotten shots of my Aussies, but have quite a few of them as well (2-~15 polyps).

Still working on some decent pics. I can't get the color to work out on most of them... I've got some larger pieces I won't post here, but if interested in large LPS, let me know. I got several things for my wife's tank this summer, but when I finally got it all put together a few weeks ago, it was already full from other things:). Amazing how that happens. A 4-5" Favia, 5-6" Favites, 8-9" Acan echinata (rainbow-esque-mottled with light blue, greens, browns, etc., with some orange in the mouths), and a 7-8" Turbinara peltata.

The price ranges are primarily $15-$25, Some being more, some being less, with most being $20 (dependent on size). Aussie Acans are, of course, more. Most SPS frags are 1.5" or so, except for ORA, which are closer to 1". All ORA will be $20 (aculeus, nana, valida, chips/horrida, german green, etc.). I'll have a 40 breeder full of stuff...

Common zoas
zoas02.jpg

zoas.jpg

Reddish with neon green center Protopalythoa. vestitus?
red-green-center-palys.jpg

Pink and Green Palys
pink-and-green-palys.jpg

Isaurus tuberculata? (snake polyps). Heads open up to look more like zoas at night.
isacarius.jpg

Leptastrea pruinosa (lavender/brown with green centers)
leptastrea02.jpg

leptastrea-1.jpg

Wild SM monti
wild-SM-monti.jpg

Acro chesterfieldensis?
wild-blue-tip-colony.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green/yellow soli/efflo
soli.jpg

ORA valida
ORA-valida.jpg

ORA Pink mille
ORA-pink-mille.jpg

ORA nana (has light blue tips)
ORA-blue-tip-nana.jpg

ORA aculeus (neon green)
ORA-aculeus.jpg

Green polyped mille (picking up a reddish/rose hue)
green-polyp-mille.jpg

Purple tipped caroliniana
caroliniana.jpg

Lavender tipped, purple polyped acro (sold to me as austera, but I'm not convinced, at all)
blue-polyp-austera.jpg

Sold to me as A. florida from RM, but not very similar to some A. florida shots I've seen. Light blue/purple tips
blue-A-florida.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncannopsammia axifuga. I'll only have a few of these (loath to cut the colony;)).
Aussie-duncan.jpg

Actinic shot
actinic-duncans-1.jpg

A number of Aussie acans. They've been cut for several weeks now, just haven't gotten any pics together. I've got them suspended in the acan tank, so I haven't been able to get any good shots. I may try moving them for photo opps:). I tried to stay small with them (2-6 polyps).

I also have a few blue A. hokesmai, blue tipped stag (formosa?), green digi, green slimer, Pocillopora (pink/green and green), light blue A. gomezi, ORA torquise stag, Neon green Nephthea (I call it a Nephthea, anyway;)). I'm working on the gomezi and hoke pics. If anyone wants pics of anything else listed, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up. I've got some other little odds and ends, too (tank cleanup, etc.).

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan. 19th in Goodlettsville (just up I65 from downtown Nashville). I'll see if I can dig up the poster, etc. There are a ton of thread in RC in the MTRC forum (who's bringing what, etc.). If it's anything like the last two, it should be pretty good (no reason to think it won't be;)). We had 250+ the last two years.

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there,
Here are some group shots of what I'll be bringing to the swap. A few closer up pics towards the end of specific colonies. PM me with any questions. I'm doing a fair number of pre-sells, but will still have plenty to sell at the swap for those that prefer to see things in person. Some of them are very limited in qty. thanks, casey
cans-9.jpg

cans-4.jpg

cans-11.jpg

cans-10.jpg

acannov-6.jpg

acannov-4.jpg

acannov-3.jpg

acannov-2.jpg

acannov-12.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad I already have my frag pack lined up. :D

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Casey!! I think my brain just went into acan overload!!!:marv I can't wait to see them in person! And in my TANK!!! :D See ya soon man!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back