OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife just sent me another pic of the skimmer. Seems to be settling down more and skimming dryer now. Figured I would share my excitement with you guys/ gals.
uploadfromtaptalk1400453551493.jpg

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1400623461108.jpg

My wife sent me another pic of the skimmer today. It really is starting to get broke in. I tried to explain to her how to adjust it but she doesn't understand so guess it will have to wait for me to get home from work out of town.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully when you get back into town you can see where your at in your cycle.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps if you teach them while you're home Bobby. My wife knows kill switch for skimmer and return, how to unplug a dry ato, and when to feed! ;-) train the young Jedi reefer

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps if you teach them while you're home Bobby. My wife knows kill switch for skimmer and return, how to unplug a dry ato, and when to feed! ;-) train the young Jedi reefer

Things tend to go bad when I ask her to do something outside of her comfort zone. I tend to stick with the easy stuff with her but she is getting better.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully when you get back into town you can see where your at in your cycle.

Hoping I am nearing the end of cycle. Depending on where my parameters are I might do a water change to help get things moving along. Just don't want to push it now I have been very patient so far.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update got my water tested yesterday and looking like cycle is almost done.
Ammonia-0
Nitrites-> 5
Nitrates-40
Hopefully I good water change and some more time will get things more stable. When do you guys think I should do the water change? Would it be best to do one now ore wait till nitrites come down. It has been a long time since I have had a tank go through a cycle and would hate to do one too soon. Let me know your thoughts?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is to hold off water changes until parameters settle down a little more.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I was thinking too but it has been a very long time since I cycled a tank so I figured I would see what everyone had to say.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in with you, Bobby! Very eager to see your progress in the coming months!

I would personally wait probably 2 weeks if not 3 max before a water change to ensure that the cycle has completely "downloaded" if you know what I mean. I am about to redo my entire 120, frags are going to Zoa Garden for 2 months I think. 10g water change every 2 weeks on a 30g system should hopefully do them some awesome goodiness.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in with you, Bobby! Very eager to see your progress in the coming months!

I would personally wait probably 2 weeks if not 3 max before a water change to ensure that the cycle has completely "downloaded" if you know what I mean. I am about to redo my entire 120, frags are going to Zoa Garden for 2 months I think. 10g water change every 2 weeks on a 30g system should hopefully do them some awesome goodiness.

That's kinda the way I was thinking too but just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys. Once the cycle breaks things should move along quickly. Hopefully I can bribe Andy to come by with his fancy camera and take some good pictures.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added large hippo tang this evening that I got off a local reefer. Was eating within minutes of going into the tank. Will try and get some pics of him/her tomorrow when the lights come on.

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added large hippo tang this evening that I got off a local reefer. Was eating within minutes of going into the tank. Will try and get some pics of him/her tomorrow when the lights come on.[/QUOTE It don't surprise me hippo's are pigs.lol

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1402093447933.jpg

My new hippo he looks small in the picture but he is about 5 inches long.

Last edited:
OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just glad to see things finally starting to come together for my tank. Soon will be time too put my corals back in that I have in friends tanks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back