My 15g Tank

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking 15g,this is the kind of nano that makes me feel good about doing a small tank. I'm in the planning stage of a 17g low iron rimless and seeing tanks like this give me more inspiration. Nice job and great tank.

Fishphi784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly nice tank. I have a ditressing level of anxiety surrounding my tank and it's 60 gallons. I don't know if I'm more impressed with your tank or how you deal with it!

OP
OP
eVANS

eVANS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your quick response. May I ask how often you feed your tank? and what kind of food? Do you do the target feeding at all?
I feed the fish new life spectrum and sometimes some mysis/brine. In terms of coral target feeding none at all. There are much more zoas now at the bottom of the tank so they take whats left over from the food. I guess the juice of the mysis/brine just floats around the tank to the corals that are higher up. I used to wash/strain my frozen food but I dont do that anymore. :) hope that helps !

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see an equipment list.would you list what all you are running on your tank to check it with what I'm planning. It might give me some better ideas when setting up mine. Once again beautiful tank.

OP
OP
eVANS

eVANS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see an equipment list.would you list what all you are running on your tank to check it with what I'm planning. It might give me some better ideas when setting up mine. Once again beautiful tank.

lighting: radion gen 2
Wave maker: jebao wp10
skimmer: aquaone 216 skimmer

thats all really :) I dont have any other reactors. I just occasionally put a bag of carbon in the sump

hope that helps :)

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful tank.... what overflow is there that you are using ? can we have some closeup pics along with plumbing pictures...

thanks

Alzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g nano, would you think the wp10 would be to much? Or you able to dial it down with a controller.

I have 2 x wp25's in a 200L tank and it whips up a storm if both on 50%+

FishnFriendz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the fish new life spectrum and sometimes some mysis/brine. In terms of coral target feeding none at all. There are much more zoas now at the bottom of the tank so they take whats left over from the food. I guess the juice of the mysis/brine just floats around the tank to the corals that are higher up. I used to wash/strain my frozen food but I dont do that anymore. :) hope that helps !
Thanks :) And love to see more pictures of your tank when you have a chance :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back