New in-wall 110 tank build

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been planning on upgrading my tank for the past few years and now I have finally committed. I have kept a 20 gallon reef tank for the last 10 years and a new tank is long overdue. About 5 years ago I started building my home and during the planning process I designed a spot for my tank in a wall with a room behind it for the plumbing. Well, I moved into the house 3 years ago and am just now making my new tank a reality. I have been collecting some components for the new tank over the past couple of years and now I am awaiting the delivery of my tank. Here is a list of some items I have planned:

111 gallon Reef Savvy rimless tank 51x21x24 with Ghost overflow
Living Color Sump (I saw it at MACNA last year in Denver and bought the display)
Kessil A360N-E Tuna Blue LED lights
DC6000 Waveline Pump (1585 GPH)
Maxspect Gyre XF150
Apex Controller
Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer
BRS Dual Media Reactor for Carbon and GFO
BRS dosing pumps x 2 for Calcium and Alk

Here is some pics where the tank is going to go:
IMG_4058.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG

OP
OP
Jackcarp

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on the fish room behind the tank. When I plumbed the house, I installed a floor drain as well as plumbing for a sink. Lately I have been installing some conduit in the walls to allow me to run a lot of the cords to a wire box where I plan on keeping most of the electronics including my apex and the power bars.
IMG_4332.JPG
IMG_4334.JPG
IMG_4338.JPG

I put up 1/2 inch sanded plywood on the walls instead of sheetrock so that it would be easier to mount things on the wall.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice! Will be following. :)

OP
OP
Jackcarp

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to mess around with some aquascaping. I am using mostly Pukani rock. I have a delivery coming tomorrow of more rock since I don't have enough. I think I like to see more open space in the water column as well as open sand areas, so I guess you could call me a minimalist when it comes to the amount of rock I am going to use. After I get everything plumbed, I am going to let the tank cycle for a couple of months.
IMG_4343.JPG
IMG_4344.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is looking great!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this one! I wish I knew I was going to be in this hobby when I built my house 10 years ago. Very nice.

jdbrown1998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling a 110 gallon tank now and using Red Sea reef mature program and I have to say on day 10 I am very happy. I have one piece of seed rock that I had in my nano for a month that went from green to purple in those 10 days! If you want I will post so before and afters on day 22 the last day of the cycle.

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this..... It looks great so far! I wish u did my in the wall tank thts still not finished yet lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back