OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8435.jpeg

Everything is looking very happy! Got a new blue legged hermit crab and a astrea snail! Hope they acclimate well!

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the shrimp you have is done, you can look at sexy shrimp. They stay small. Tank looks really nice. Glad to see everything is going great.
Ya I was thinking about getting a couple of them afterwards for sure! Hopefully this one stays for a long time haha

ManCaveMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work! I actually just had my MagTool 1g delivered yesterday! Getting back into it from a 30 gallon that went south when I got too busy with little kids...it was them or the tank and I decided the world had enough hooligans running around and I wasn't gonna add 2 to the mix.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Anyway, now that kids are grown, and societally productive, young adults I decided I had a some time to commit to SW again but wanted something for my work-from-home office...before anyone says "so lucky!" yes, I am blessed but I've WFH for the past 20+ years so way before covid and while it is very nice it also means that I'm always at work, I don't get to walk out of my workplace and forget about it until Monday or even the next morning...OK, unprovoked defensive rant over.

So, not to hijack your thread any more JP, just wanted to say your tank is looking awesome! I love that I found someone building the same little 1g and can't wait to watch both of ours grow as well as bounce ideas around with! I guess I should start my own little build thread too

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work! I actually just had my MagTool 1g delivered yesterday! Getting back into it from a 30 gallon that went south when I got too busy with little kids...it was them or the tank and I decided the world had enough hooligans running around and I wasn't gonna add 2 to the mix.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Anyway, now that kids are grown, and societally productive, young adults I decided I had a some time to commit to SW again but wanted something for my work-from-home office...before anyone says "so lucky!" yes, I am blessed but I've WFH for the past 20+ years so way before covid and while it is very nice it also means that I'm always at work, I don't get to walk out of my workplace and forget about it until Monday or even the next morning...OK, unprovoked defensive rant over.

So, not to hijack your thread any more JP, just wanted to say your tank is looking awesome! I love that I found someone building the same little 1g and can't wait to watch both of ours grow as well as bounce ideas around with! I guess I should start my own little build thread too
Hey that's awesome well glad to have you back in the hobby my friend! When you get your tank going I would love to see some pictures of it! Always come back to hijack the thread haha! Always feel free to message me and exchange ideas!

8six0Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s going on I just gotta say the tank looks great, I just bought the same one. Any upgrades you do in the chambers? Any advice you wanna give me starting the tank within the next day or two

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s going on I just gotta say the tank looks great, I just bought the same one. Any upgrades you do in the chambers? Any advice you wanna give me starting the tank within the next day or two
No upgrades at all! I kept it the same and it’s been working great for me! Cycling didn’t take that long as it’s pretty small but it’s worth it!

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey how's your tank running so far?

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update! Got a blue tip Indio basic coral, new zoanthid and I believe a favia? I also got a mystery coral which I have no idea what it is, but only time will tell!

Attachments

• IMG_8475.mov
    10.6 MB
  • IMG_8474.jpeg
    IMG_8474.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 9

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back