OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big time update.

I spend most of the weekend planning out my electrical setup for the controller, power strips etc. I made a panel I can mount everything to, which I can also remove if I need. It kind of serves two purposes one to give me a place to organize and hide all the cords but two as a blocker to protect the electronics from splashes, salt creep, and to keep all the electrical components up off the base of the cabinet in case water gets spilled.

The other big update,
rock, sand and water!!! Let the cycle begin.

I call this the Horse Head.

The water has cleared up nicely and I got all my cabling done and the controller programmed. It’s amazing how many cables I had in this thing. Without the panduit and control panel I would have had a mound of unmanageable spaghetti.
I got the second Sea Swirl in the mail yesterday so I got that plumbed in last night. Wow these two Sea Swirls create amazingly random flow in absolutely every nook and cranny in the tank. Say what you will about them being bulky and old school they certainly still have their place in this hobby!
I also got a Spectrapure ATO set up which is Awesome! I’ve never used one of these ATO systems before and will probably never use another one now. It’s so easy to program and has some really nice safety features built in as well as the ability to limit how much it can run in a day.
I originally had planned on having an ATO reservoir under the cabinet but ran out of room in a hurry. This ended up not being a problem because I already had a Spectrapure UHE RODI unit on hand that just needed a few replacement parts so I set it up in the laundry room just below the tank and drilled a tiny hole through the base board behind the stand and threaded a line down to a temporary 5 gallon container. I haven't finished setting up the RODI unit yet because im still waiting on the replacement parts as well as a 25 gallon reservoir I ordered from Tank Depot. It will be really nice to never have to worry about filling the reservoir though, I hated doing that on my old cube. The tank seems to be evaporating about a gallon a day right now and the return chamber in the sump is only 3.5 gallons so while I have a couple days of wiggle room I didn't want to risk forgetting to top off the tank and running the pump dry.

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy I suck! Been a long time since I updated this thread. This is my 60 at two months. I need to take some more pics though as I have since added another Sunburst and some more rics. And more Zoas.

Stupid Clown fish has all kinds of nems to host and decides to host my Giant polyps from Gonzo.

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I finished my dedicated RODI ATO system. I love it!!!! I never have to do anything not even fill a topoff resivour. :)

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clean build I really like the tower you made for the power supplies and the controller boxes.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job, looks great!

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments! We had one of our annual reefing conventions this past weekend so I picked up a few more things:

A large bite Yellow BTA of some sort it was advertised as a Colorado Sunburst but IMO there is nothing Sunburst about it. I'm tempted to call it a lemon drop one one thing I'm sure of is it is exactly the color I was looking for to contrast my other nems. Its looks a little green in these pics I just could not get the color right I only have a Panasonic point and shoot that has an under water feature so maybe one day ill get a better camera.

I also got a really cool yellow euphilia of some sort its on the right, again could not get a decent picture of it. Ill keep trying.
Last but not least I added a whole boatload of Yumas and Florida rics to my mushroom garden.

Day one of the nem going in the tank. I thought it was going to be about the size of my Sunburst.

Day two, I was way wrong about the size. LOL

The update ricordea arrangement.

And some other pics that are off in color but fun non the less. They really are much more stunning in person. I just added a Rainbow BTA last night as well but hes still hiding. More pics to come in a few weeks.

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks here a some current photos taken tonight. Little blury but they show the color contrast of the nems a little better.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back