OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will where did you get the nems?

All of them were purchased locally here in Colorado right outside Denver.

The big yellow one and the hot pink BTA came from Josh at Gonzo Corals. Actually a lot of stuff came from Josh including 90% of my Yumas and mushrooms.
The big Flourecent Sunburt came from a friend of mine that farms them in his baesment. They are sick and these pictures do them no justice. They seriousley glow so bright they cast a bright orange glow on the rocks and everything around them and when the light is just right even render the other nems around a slightly different color.
The Rainbow was a gift from a friend that had a split and the small Sunburst which is much more of a burnt orange color and IMO more of a classic example of a Colorado Sunburst came from another local vender and friend who owns Mind Blowing Corals.

In retrospect I wish I had just gone with a nice collection of Ultra rock nems where all the Zoas are. I love the look of Zoas when they are doing really well but ive never been super successful with them. If the zoas dont work out long term I may just fill those lower pedestal rocks with some really cool rock nems.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Josh is making another trip to get some really nice stuff and he said hed have his eye out for some really unique BTAs for me. Hopefully he finds something that will broaden the color spectrum even more.

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first split. I was pretty happy about this as the big yellow and purple one was getting too large.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!!

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So I took a few more Pics tonight with my new shrooms. Im a little bummed because my most prized Sunburst dosnt seem very happy but it made for some pretty intense color pics all deflated.

Some top down photos

****ed off Sunburst

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after losing a cople of my nems to "Something" who knows I decided to switch to MH. By the way I dont think the Radion had anything to do with losing them. I have other theories but I don't think it was the light. So anyway heres some pics from the last few months swith making the switch.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great!! I love the mushrooms!! :)

OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks killer! Why the switch from radion to MH?

I feel like MH Just looks more natural and brighter. I had some stuff that did really well under LED and some stuff that didn't. IMO MH just seems to make everything happier.

I do miss the cool features of led and for me the heat issues were a little tougher to tackle but everything opens up more under the halide and the nems I have left really seem to love it but don't pop the same way they did under the led. I'm going to try adding a kessil A360w for supplemental lighting to try to make up for some of the pop I lost with the halide.

Mostly me switching was more of an experiment than anything else. No doubt I will return to led one day.

Chetrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome. Well planned and executed build you got there. I would of added T5's to the radion to enhance the light more. Less heat as a halide. Although, I must admit Halides do make the tank look much brighter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WillKatt

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunatly i couldnt find a good clean way to fit T5s with the radion or the MH. I did want to try that. On another note one of the other main reasons i moved away from the radion is because its too configurable. Everything was doing pretty as can be seen in the previous pics. However at this stage of the game with my experience and extremely stable conditions im able to maintain i just felt like my tank should look better. I began to wonder if i just didnt have the radion tuned to the sweet spot most suitable for all the corals and i just got too frustrated with trying to figure it out and felt the tank was suffering from me constantly tweeking and waiting tweeking and waiting. MH is proven tried and true so me switching to MH was very much to eliminate all the variables that came with the Radion and see what comes out of it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks very good!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back