My First Saltwater Tank

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard that until now. And these shells are from years ago so I should be fine. The rocks are from a pet supply store in wisconsin

Lol I'm sorry, I totally misread what you put. I thought you said when you went on vacation you collected rocks and shells... My bad. That's why I said that lol

Gabriel

Last edited:

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1411960257755.jpg
Diy protein skimmer in the works

Nice! DIY is always good

Gabriel

OP
OP
bclark1289

bclark1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup reefin on a buget lol. And you read kind of right I did get them on vacation, just out of my parents yard when I was on leave

OP
OP
bclark1289

bclark1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually idk how much I should or shouldn't clean them. They were just dead rock from the store that I chiseled out how I wanted

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well , What I did when I had some dead rock laying around, just get a small tub (or bucket) pour water to where it covers all the rocks and then pour a little bit of white vinegar. Leave it there for a day or two. Empty it and let it dry.

Gabriel

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1411960257755.jpg
Diy protein skimmer in the works
Hay man I would spend a couple bucks on a quality skimmer when your ready to add corals. DIY is fun ,, but skimmers are a little technical. I bought a seacloneskimmer and heard they were horrible I modded it and made a few changes to it and now it skims like crazy I'm emptying a 2 liter soda bottle weekly

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but I recommend drilling frag plug size holes into the rock. It makes it super easy to attach plugs instead of taking off the coral and attaching the coral onto the rock separately. Like that you just place the plug into the drilled hole and it won't be knocked over and the coral will be able to grow onto the rocks

Gabriel

OP
OP
bclark1289

bclark1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the skimmer did not work. But i have good news people. I have new pictures!!! Wipl post them in a little bit

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back