My Name is Max

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started setting up a new 66 gallon reef tank and am sort of new at this or maybe not , Let me explain I am restarting with a new tank I did a tank about 35 years a go I think and It was a 55 gallon with a Snowflake Eel and other critters and the eel last 21 years before passing on to the greater beyond! After that experience of finding out that the eel will eat everything you put in the tank I gave up after he died and quit for 15 or 20 years until now ! Well now I am 68 years old and hopefully wiser and have the fever again so here we go again , and I am in the process of setting up a donor tank that my sister gave me that was freshwater but am converting over to saltwater hopefully fish and reef coral tank! The bottom under the arag alive sand bed is a flourescent light screen grid wrapped with fiberglass door screen to provide dead air space under the sand for micro critters and such then I have 5 pieces of dead base rock and three resin base rocks plus a fake coral decoration in the tank so far ! I have a new 400 gallon per hour Aqueon canister filter with a spray bay setup to privide filtration and have two wave maker filter heads on the way , I am using a 300 watt heater , and I have 2 each Vipar Spectra 165 watt LED Lights I will be hanging over the tank ASAP , in the next Day or Two ! at that point as soon as I get the water right I will be looking to add live stock to the tank !

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240315_123538.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back