OP
OP
Peter Dietz

Peter Dietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the one a few posts up. I bought a new light yesterday and will probably add somethings this coming weekend

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are nice looking fish for sure. For what it's worth I would think about starting with the less expensive fish until I was sure I got the handle on a nano tank

OP
OP
Peter Dietz

Peter Dietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a quick update. Went down to Shoreline Pet today and picked up a powerhead for a GREAT PRICE. Would have gotten more but I got that evil eye from my other half. But the tank is ready for inhabitants and they should be in the tank next week. I also got a new LED and changed the scape around pictures below.
20161023_183448.jpg
20161023_183435.jpg

DustyXB9Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! What light and powerhead did you end up getting?

Also, careful with those "free corals". Yeah that was very nice of the other member to offer the Kenya Tree but that is one of those weed type corals haha. By that I mean it's one of those corals that never stop growing and spread like wildfire.

OP
OP
Peter Dietz

Peter Dietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! What light and powerhead did you end up getting?

Also, careful with those "free corals". Yeah that was very nice of the other member to offer the Kenya Tree but that is one of those weed type corals haha. By that I mean it's one of those corals that never stop growing and spread like wildfire.

I got the aquatop csp-1 265 gph. Moves alot of water so I had to change my rock work around to divert some of the flow and the new aqua scape I think looks amazing. And I got a Current Orbit led for now until I can get my hand on something nicer. I really like the blue/purple look most tanks lights have. Here's the new scape.
20161024_182112.jpg

Last edited:

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI: I didn't see any algae growth or bloom during my cycle either. But when I added CUC, coral and fish they did/are doing great. I wouldn't use an algae bloom as a factor on whether or not your tank's ready for life

OP
OP
Peter Dietz

Peter Dietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI: I didn't see any algae growth or bloom during my cycle either. But when I added CUC, coral and fish they did/are doing great. I wouldn't use an algae bloom as a factor on whether or not your tank's ready for life

I've heard things like that. Gonna pick up a few snails and hopefully some zoas. I'm looking for if anyone is selling

Steadyreef42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the aquatop csp-1 265 gph. Moves alot of water so I had to change my rock work around to divert some of the flow and the new aqua scape I think looks amazing. And I got a Current Orbit led for now until I can get my hand on something nicer. I really like the blue/purple look most tanks lights have. Here's the new scape.
20161024_182112.jpg

I love your scape . nice and open. Also that is one sweet bowfront. makes me wish I would have went AIO and rimless

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I keep playing with it. trying to find the perfect scape to accommodate all types of corals and make my fish happy. I'm thinking about a possum wrasse and a designer clown
You have a couple nice pass thru and looks like a lot of places for corals!

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%

Back