Nano conchs

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yes I can read before the 55gal size police hit me up yes I see where sites recommend 55 gal minimum, but I see where people say they keep tiger conchs in 10 gallon just fine but I dont have anyway to talk to those folks so I'm reaching out here anyone keep conchs in their nano reef set up

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a conch in my ten gallon and he is super happy. Not sure what type of conch.
IMG_20200116_170714.jpg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a strawberry conch in my 20 and she is just fine. I've had her for more than 6 months. Great snail by the way, does exactly what she was bought to do.
I bet that the same people that say you need a 55 gallon are the ones that say conchs stay on the gravel. Well Strawberry(my wife named her) goes everywhere. I've posted a picture of her climbing up the glass. She climbs up to the top of the rocks and then climbs back down after eating any algae she can find( except GHA).

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Conch be kept in a ten gallon long term? I thought fighting conchs got near half a foot..
What is the smallest conch??
Unfortunately this is true they get super huge and that little guy was definitely going to outgrow the tank so might have to change them out but besides that he worked super well in my tank. Unfortunately my tank crashed and everything was lost.

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using sand I don't see why it can be in there long term. My fighting conch is about 2.5 inches and I don't think the aqua cultured ones get over 4 inches. I originally got it as my sand cleaner on a 13.5 it did great but always had more to eat, it's now in my 36 with a bunch of nassarius.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back