Nano skimmer for 30 Gallon HELP

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the jbj sk-45 skimmer on my 25g cube build for about 5 months. The pump has already burned up on me and I am floored with anger! :mad: I forgot to warranty the product... lesson learned. But to my findings I cannot even buy the replacement pump on a skimmer I paid 120+ for are you serious:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
I don't think I'm going to be using them anymore after writing a letter.

So what is a good replacement skimmer that I could buy? That's relatively compact and won't burn up in 5 months...BTW I put the skimmer in my sump :) let me know!

IMG_5751.JPG

IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5752.JPG

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh awesome!!! Did you order online? Pros and cons to the skimmer? That looks like something I'm looking for. Really disappointed with the quality and overall design of the JBJ.

beegee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze 9004 on my Innovative Marine 30 and it fits perfectly in one of the chambers. Started producing dirty skimmate on the first day.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Icecap K2-50 best bang for the buck. I'm running run on my 22g they go for $130 and has great quality and awesome customer support.
IMG_4294.JPG
Hey so I went with the ice cap... I am having a lot of difficulty getting it to to consisntaly skim... it's like the pump is pulsing constantly? Did you have this problem? I have to unplug it on and off for it to snap out of it?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back