New AI Sol Phoenix.

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ai-sol-phoenix-led.jpg

AquaIllumination is showing a brand new LED light which is codenamed “Phoenixâ€. If the first AI Nano LED was half of an AI Sol, then the new AI Sol “Phoenix†is now a double-stack of AI Nano LEDs. The new AI LED light is thinner than the old Sol, it uses the same Cree XM-L and dual blue color LED cluster as the AI Nano and it is wirelessly controlled. AI’s newest LED light will be controlled by a separate black-box controller which will have a web interface, and it will be able to control up to 30, individually addressable wireless AI LED lights.

The AI Sol “Phoenix†consumes about 75 watts of power and it will be available sometime in the fall for $499. You read that right, the newest and most capable light AI has ever made will be cheaper than its predecessor, the AI Sol, which will drop to $399 and the AI Nano will also drop down to $299. AquaIllumination has yet to firm up a name for the new LED light and a contest will be held in the future to come up with a real name for it. Finally, existing owners of Sol LEDs will be able to upgrade their fixtures to the same undercarriage of new LEDs, lenses and wifi module for an undetermined price. Stay tuned for a lot more forthcoming details about the whole ecosystem of AI LED lighting products.

AI Sol “Phoenix†is a new cheaper, brighter and wireless LED light from AquaIllumination

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suck me for me, as I still have 4 Brand New Sealed AI Sol Super Blue sitting in my garage waiting for my lazyass to hang them.

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude i called them before i JUST bought my lights and they said they had nothing in the works... i am ticked... he said they were working on the flares before they would be starting any revamp on the sols

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude i called them before i JUST bought my lights and they said they had nothing in the works... i am ticked... he said they were working on the flares before they would be starting any revamp on the sols

Honestly, I wouldn't stress over it to much. It took AI exactly 1 year to start shipping the nano's after its first public appearance during last years MACNA. Who knows, maybe they'll start shipping the new Phoenix during this time next year. Then you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for waiting 1, 2, 3,.....12 MONTHS!

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
other thing is i might be able to diy the old led and drivers etc with my own heatsink and have 4 more fixtures for 1/2 the cost maybe... but still sucks! lol :D
Honestly, I wouldn't stress over it to much. It took AI exactly 1 year to start shipping the nano's after its first public appearance during last years MACNA. Who knows, maybe they'll start shipping the new Phoenix during this time next year. Then you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for waiting 1, 2, 3,.....12 MONTHS!

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these will not be out till next spring. Nothing too soon.

marclwheeler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK... so i gotta throw in my 2 cents... does anyone feel a lil dupped...I mean come on they have had a hard time producing these and keepin them on the shelf... and then prolly over pricing them and now they roll out an upgrade for less money... as a replacem't I just don't get this company... I feel like they are the dictator of a community that has longed for a quality product than... they for the most part deliver and sell it as modular/ upgradible and looky looky and comes out then to top it off they slap the price tag that they did on the sols... now this upgrade is cheaper... GREAT!! WHO WOULDN'T get excited... or just maybe feel a good dose of dupped

I'm not hating just a lil frustrated w/ the company... I am locate here in Iowa too... and so I would love to support a local company just feel like they have taken advantage of a community that is longed for a quality product and they capitalized on being the number one LED on the market... like I said NOT HATING just feel a lil dupped... I have owned these and had to sell the due to a tank upgrade and used these to make my upgrade happen... I gotta say i am sooooo happy that ETM has came out w/ the radion...I have soooo enjoyed the service by ETM... you can have an awesome product but if you don't have the service after the sale and the integrty to stand by your products and meet your followers demands then your not going to lose your following...

like i said thats my 2 cents!

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look nice no wonder AI's been up forsale more lately. I have been seeing them pop up more and more now on all different sites

Pellaeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine last week so I am a little upset, but at least the WiFi will be something I can add later. AI is no different than any other company, they need new product, better features, and lower price points. The minute you buy something it is outdated...it just is what it is.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to these guys for a while and one of the things that I liked is how the changed the way the light is focused. Instead of having a hot spot in the middle of our tanks, they took into consideration the way the light reacts to water and glass. Now you will get more light towards the outter wall of our tanks with the glass helping to reflect it back inwards.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back