New candy cane,

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get my red and green one to feed at all when I first started feeding my coral. My neon green one still rarely feeds.
Some people may not recommend this and say it could harm the polyp, but this is how I got mine to start feeding with no negative consequences. Pick up a single mysis shrimp with a pair of tweezers and gently drop it on the polyp directly next to the mouth, but not on the mouth. He may slightly close up or not eat the first few times, but it should work eventually. If he doesn't start eating within a few minutes blow the food off gently with a turkey baster or something like that so it doesn't start to decay.
Also, it's always a good idea to feed the fish first. That way they won't steal food from the corals.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Fauna Marin LPS pellet food for mine and they take it without fail. My Neon Candy Canes were picked up from someone on their way out if the hobby that let them almost die off. They have fought back and regularly extend their tentacles to feed.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Attachments

• 20140102_174824_Freeport Rd.jpg
    20140102_174824_Freeport Rd.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to try some pellets on my candy canes. because the mysis and brine seems not to work unless they being coming out and not seeing them.

Back