Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424544011.698860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424544078.490513.jpg
. Some goodies

Is there any name for those yuma's? How much are you going to get for those each?

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou Elkus, from Tropic Marin and a huge supporter of the school's project, and I had been talking about the range of the crowd at the FFM- from legendary reefer to complete newbie. Lou mentioned that he gives a number of talks about reef chemistry. Having talked to Lou a number of times about various aspects of my own reefs, I thought it would be a great idea to include one of Lou's talks at the FFM to get some of the newer people up to speed on their own tanks. Here is the official announcement for Lou's talk:

At 1pm in the lecture hall of the school (just around the corner from all the corals!) Lou will be giving a talk titled "Basic Reef Chemistry." The talk will be focused on teaching the newer reefer the basics of reef chemistry including calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and more. I have heard Lou speak a number of times and he really has a gift for breaking down the complex ideas of reef chemistry into an easily understandable package. I highly recommend it. Oh, and by the way, the talk is FREE and anyone who attends the talk will be in the running for a $25 FFM Gift Certificate to be pulled at the end of the talk.
Thanks and see you all in a few weeks!
Jon

bigcapct

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggreef they don't have any specific name. They will be $30 each Discounts for more than one

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come see me in ROOM 111

Zoas/Palys:

Bleeding Hearts, Blood Vulcan, Blue Hornets, Blue ****** Morph, Blue Tubbs, Candy Apple Red, Captain Americas, Chong Bongs, Chucky’s Bride, Hawaiian Ding Dangs, Eagle Eyes, Fire & Ice, Goblin’s Fire Morph, Godzilla Eyes, Gorilla Nipples, Jokers, Kedds Redds, King Midas, LA Lakers, Mohawk Morph, My Clementines, Nuclear Green Death,
Oompa Loompa, ASD Orange Mauls, Pink Panther Morph,
Pink Zippers, PS Blue Lagoon, Purple Death, Raptor Rainbow, Rastas, Red People Eaters (Hawaiian), Scrambled Eggs, ASD Spitfire, Toxic Revenge, Tutti Frutti, Tyree Orange Rainbows, Xmen, and
Many Unknown.

LPS/SPS/Mushrooms:

Limited quantities of Mushrooms, Acans, Favias, Chalices, and SPS including but not limited to: Green Pocillopora, Tricolor Valida, Green Mycedium, Miami Hurricane Chalice, Pagoda Cup, Orange Lepto, Rainbow Yumas, Green Striped Mushrooms, Blue & Yellow Yumas, Purple Stylo.

CUBER14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my first FFM and coming from about 1 1/2 hours away. Whats the best way to safely transport any frags home?(how to keep warm ETC.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can grab a cooler to bring along, which is what most people do. Some of the shops might even part with styro coolers if you ask nice. If you are really stressed about it, you can add those little hand warmer packs as well.

Briko03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, make sure your car is good and warmed up before you bring your frags outside.
+1 on the cooler.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the updated list as of this morning, with a few cancellations and a few additions. My apologies to any of the "vendors" whose home locations I mixed up...
AC Corals (CT)
Alex's Advanced Aquatics (CT)
ARKSC (CT)
Aquadreams (MA)
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections (OH)
BareBottom Corals (NY)
Blastomaster (CT)
CTARS (CT)
Coralium (CT)
Dan Rigle (PA)
dizzzy1209 (NJ)
Elmafioso52988 (NY)
E.O. Smith Coral Project (CT)
Exotic Fish and Corals (CT)
Exotic Reef Creations (NY)
Fins Aquarium (NJ)
Fish Frenzy (MA)
Frag Freaks (MA)
Fraggin Waggon (SC)
Frank180Reef (MA)
Gotham Aquatics (NY)
Greg Hiller (MA)
Hammer (NH)
Ijamcorals (MD)
Jason Foxx (MD)
Kwong1998 (NY)
Marine Reef Habitat (MA)
Matt Spaulding (VT)
MetroKat's Sassy Frags (NY)
Micheal Reeve (CT)
MO~Idol (NY)
Neublian (CT)
New York Coral Farmer (NY)
New York Reef Club (NY)
Pablo (NY)
Pacific East Aquaculture (MD)
Pieces of the Ocean (NY)
Pimentinha (NY)
Polywise (NJ)
Popcorals (NJ)
R+R Aquatics (NJ)
Reef Creations (NY)
Sassawrasse (CT)
Shayna 123 (CT)
Shawn B (CT)
Shector (CT)
Long Island Sound School (CT)
SteelerMike (CT)
sydaze4 (CT)
Suicideissleep (CT)
The Coral Reef (CT)
Triggreef (CT)
Ultimate Corals (NJ)
Upstate Corals (NY)
Wet Pets (CT)
xclusive corals (NY)
zooanthids.com (OH)

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to start talking raffle and giveaways....
I just sat down and tallied up all the FFM gift certificates for this year and I am throwing in over $700 in Frag Farmers Market gift certificates this year. They will be given away and raffled through out the day and can be used at ANY of the vendors during the day.
That does not include the 1000's of dollars in other gift certificates, merchandise and livestock in the raffle. More info to come...

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a note that Logan from Reefbreeders will be offering a few specials for the FFM this year.

First, he is throwing a Superlux LED fixture into the raffle, to go with the dosing pump he was already putting in. He is also offering:
$20 off all Jaebo pumps, at the FFM only. He NEVER discounts them.
$40 off all Photon Units, again only at the FFM.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ben at Building an Obsession is donating a very cool frag transport rack into the raffle. It is a step more than a "typical" rack, with plastic "locks" for the plugs so you can ensure their safety for your trip in/out. He is also sending out a few racks that can be mounted in your own transport containers, which I will have for sale that day. Lastly, he is offering FFM people a 15% discount off any orders from his site using the code : DR8UZWY
Thanks Ben!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back