New England Frag Farmers Market - March 7, 2015 Storrs CT

polywise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fitch4, what time can venders have access to their room for advance access to set up?

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from the school (okay, I might have slept for a few hours...) and about 1/2 the people came to set-up last night. I have to say that the stuff people brought this year, compared to previous years, is amazing. Just walking around, I saw quite a few things that I had never seen before. The only problem that I had was that I was too busy to cherry pick anything before the FFM got going! Seriously, I am positive that this will be the biggest and best FFM yet, with more set-ups, and just about all of the local clubs there to promote their events and club. Do me one last favor and tell someone about the event this morning, or just stop by their house and grab them on your way out. When you are at the FFM today, stop by and introduce yourself. I love to meet all the people that are just as crazy as I am!
-Jon

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the dust has settled, for the most part, I wanted to extend a thank you to all of the vendors and attendees. The vendors this year brought the sweetest stuff I have ever seen at an FFM. They truly brought their A game and I was just sorry that I didn't get to stop and see half of them during the day. The attendees drive in from all over the Northeast, including a ton from her on R2R. It was also great to see the al the local reef clubs have tables and be able to promote the club and their events to the group. I appreciate you all making the journey out and hope that your ride was worth it.

On a less positive note, one of my students had a clam that he had bought taken from the greenhouse at the end the FFM. He spent all of the money that he had on this clam and someone walked off with it. I am hoping it was an accident but if anyone knows anything about the missing clam, please let me know. I don't want to see the poor kid have to save up for another few months to replace it...

Thanks again to everyone who came/helped/shopped.

-Jon

P.S.
The 2016 FFM will be on March 5th 2016!

Briko03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some great stuff. Thanks for organizing the event. Sorry to hear about the misplaced clam. I'd be happy to make a donation towards another one if other folks are willing to chip in.

Thanks again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back