New Gigantea

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrived on 4/9, and just finished 10 days of non medicated QT. I have cipro and amox at the ready, but these two never showed signs of needing treatment. They went through a little bit of inflating/deflating over the first couple days, but their mouths always remained for the most part closed.

Here are a couple shots taken immediately after I added them to the DT this morning (in hindsight, I should have also taken a few on arrival and during quarantine).

IMG_3820.jpeg

The smaller of the two looking a little unhappy about the move.

IMG_3725.jpeg

And the larger one. Also looking irritated.

Both gigs are super sticky, and attached to the rock straight away.

I’ll take/post some more photos as they get settled.

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
S

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to open up. I’ve been doing 80% daily water changes using water from the DT, (not going to miss that) along with using the same type of lighting. Hopefully it makes for a smooth transition.
IMG_3752.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both gigs settled in over the weekend. I added an extra Maxspect gyre (currently on the lowest alternating flow setting) which will be dedicated solely to the larger of the two anemones. Thinking I’m going to have to move the smaller one to the other end of the tank and do the same, as I don’t feel that it’s getting quite enough of the right type of flow in its current spot. I do keep a fair amount of SPS coral in this system, mostly porites, so the overall flow in the tank is pretty high, it just needs a little help getting to the right places.

IMG_3940.jpeg
IMG_3957.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back