New IM 50g stocking suggestions

millertime1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone im getting ready to get the new IM AIO 50g lagoon tank (30x20x16 display area) wet and popping in some live rock in a couple of weeks to start cycling! Starting to think more about my stocking options and would definitely like some feedback! Looking at 2 different setups, a more docile tank and a semi agressive tank. Very open to feedback and suggestions. Also posted this on my build thread but thought I'd probably get some better feedback here!

Setup 1 (not in any stocking order)
×2 lightning maroon clowns
×1 marine betta
×1 orchid dottyback
×1 flame angle or coral beauty
×1 some type of sand dweller

Setup 2
×2 ocellaris clowns
×1 purple firefish
×1 marine betta
×1 melanurus wrasse
×1 Flame Angle or coral beauty
×1 some type of sand dweller

All fish would be added as small juvies and tank size to potentially increase in a year or 2 as setup 1 would definitely outgrow this size in time.

I also plan on doing a mixed reef tank mostly softies and some LPS as well. The fish would obviously not be stocked all at once but over the course of 6ish+ months as I would plan on stocking coral in between fish and verify parameters/dose as necessary as I go. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Vjames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, +1 for setup 2. Definitely recommend a more peaceful tank. Look into Yellow Coris Wrasse and Helfrichi Fire Fish. I got both of them and they are absolute best friends.

OP
OP
M

millertime1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, +1 for setup 2. Definitely recommend a more peaceful tank. Look into Yellow Coris Wrasse and Helfrichi Fire Fish. I got both of them and they are absolute best friends.
Yea will most likely go that route with setup 2. I do like the helfrichi, if I can get one for around the same $ as the purple I definitely will.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back