New symbiotic relationship?

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my blue hermit has confused himself for a clownfish, and my green polyp leather with an anemone. I will remove the little guy and within seconds he’ll be nestled back in the leather. I guess isn’t not really symbiotic because the hermit is probably just annoying the coral while the hermit gets a nice comfy place to rest. However, It is quite adorable.

No questions, just thought I would share :)

*Yes, I know my tank is super bare. I am a new reefer and still working out my aquascape.
IMG_7629.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7637.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had hermits that get attached to certain coral but have no idea why. I had one that was perching on a coral (can't remember the coral) but I would pluck it off and back it would go. I even tossed it to the other end of the 6ft and in about 10 minutes it was back. I ended up pulling it because the coral started looking annoyed.

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had hermits that get attached to certain coral but have no idea why. I had one that was perching on a coral (can't remember the coral) but I would pluck it off and back it would go. I even tossed it to the other end of the 6ft and in about 10 minutes it was back. I ended up pulling it because the coral started looking annoyed.
Surprisingly, the coral is fully open and seems quite content. It only got annoyed when I kicked the hermit out and it got back on. I’m just going to monitor but I think I’ll let them have their moment. Sorry yours didn’t work out ):

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • NO

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back