New to acro's!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, so I guess I am hoping for some reassurance here:oops: My friend I mentioned who is giving me a piece of green toadstool, Is apparently also bringing my a piece of rainbow acro. This of course makes me nervous as I read about how difficult they can be. I know nothing about SPS at all. For those of you who have seen my tank pics, read my posts, and whatnot, will I be fine with this? I am pretty religious about water changes (25% every 2 weeks) and keep up with things pretty well, but SPS have always scared me a bit.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, so I guess I am hoping for some reassurance here:oops: My friend I mentioned who is giving me a piece of green toadstool, Is apparently also bringing my a piece of rainbow acro. This of course makes me nervous as I read about how difficult they can be. I know nothing about SPS at all. For those of you who have seen my tank pics, read my posts, and whatnot, will I be fine with this? I am pretty religious about water changes (25% every 2 weeks) and keep up with things pretty well, but SPS have always scared me a bit.
Put it where it gets decent light and flow and you should be fine… chop shops have gave acros a bad name! If that acro has been captive for a long time it’s no different than any other coral to grow.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think generally, they aren't as difficult as some believe. Getting optimal growth and coloration, perhaps. I've found some sps much easier to grow than some LPS. Don't sweat it. You aren't paying a small fortune for this so low risk/high reward.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it where it gets decent light and flow and you should be fine… chop shops have gave acros a bad name! If that acro has been captive for a long time it’s no different than any other coral to grow.
Awesome! Thank you, this has definitely put my mind a bit more at ease. I do feed my other corals a couple times a week. Will the acro benefit from this as well?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thank you, this has definitely put my mind a bit more at ease. I do feed my other corals a couple times a week. Will the acro benefit from this as well?
It def won’t hurt! I feed my sticks twice a week..

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back