New to R2R from Connecticut

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I am new to reefing in general. I have an account on reefcentral as well. I'd always looking for more knowledge because in this hobby knowledge is key to success. I am taking my build slowly you can watch the progress Here.
I started as a African cichlid keeper. I still have my 55 gallon tank for now but I may sell it once I fully get into saltwater. I really only want to focus my time and energy on 2 tanks my QT/Observation tank, and the Main display tank, which is a 90 gallon.
I have two beautiful children, they are my life. They absolutely love watching the fish, and I hope that when they are a little older they will enjoy taking care of them just like I do. I'm an open book so please go ahead and reach out to me if you want.

Thanks everyone!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I am new to reefing in general. I have an account on reefcentral as well. I'd always looking for more knowledge because in this hobby knowledge is key to success. I am taking my build slowly you can watch the progress Here.
I started as a African cichlid keeper. I still have my 55 gallon tank for now but I may sell it once I fully get into saltwater. I really only want to focus my time and energy on 2 tanks my QT/Observation tank, and the Main display tank, which is a 90 gallon.
I have two beautiful children, they are my life. They absolutely love watching the fish, and I hope that when they are a little older they will enjoy taking care of them just like I do. I'm an open book so please go ahead and reach out to me if you want.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Nirethell,
Welcome to the forum :)
I hope you will like it a lot!
Do your children have their favorite fish?

Zhenya

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted on your tank!!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm a member of Nano-Reef and a long time member of Reef Central as well. You'll find a lot of good reefers here in CT. Between the 2 clubs ARKSC and CTARS there is a wealth of resources and helpful experienced reefers right in your back yard.

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nirethell,
Welcome to the forum :)
I hope you will like it a lot!
Do your children have their favorite fish?

Zhenya
Well they love the clown fish of course so I'll be getting at least one of those. But I would like to get a few other brightly colored reef safe fish for the kids to watch.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Nirethell - from another fellow Nutmegger!

I've found this place to be as helpful and friendly as any other - hope you do as well!

~Bruce, who's also been keeping freshwater for years - Africans, goldfish, planted ... but is fascinated by the diversity that is reefing!

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm a member of Nano-Reef and a long time member of Reef Central as well. You'll find a lot of good reefers here in CT. Between the 2 clubs ARKSC and CTARS there is a wealth of resources and helpful experienced reefers right in your back yard.
Oh that's awesome I will certainly be looking them up I've made a few connections down in Waterbury and Enfield the more the merrier imo when it comes to buying trading corals and fish

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Nirethell - from another fellow Nutmegger!

I've found this place to be as helpful and friendly as any other - hope you do as well!

~Bruce, who's also been keeping freshwater for years - Africans, goldfish, planted ... but is fascinated by the diversity that is reefing!
Excellent! Always awesome to meet a fellow cichlid keeper! I'm going to miss those guys when I finally make the complete switch. Or maybe I'll stretch myself thin just to keep them? I'm not sure.. my jacks are constantly breeding and eventually I'll need to get them a grow out tank hahah. The hobby that keeps on giving right?

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for taking so long to reply we had a major storm today so I've been snow blowing like mad!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a member of ARKSC because I'm in Fairfield and the quarterly meetings are closer to me down here. CTARS is by far the bigger and more active club though. They do frag swaps and raffles at their meetings too. They have a very active club forum on R2R if you want to check it out and hold their meetings in Manchester, not a terrible drive from Waterbury.

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a member of ARKSC because I'm in Fairfield and the quarterly meetings are closer to me down here. CTARS is by far the bigger and more active club. They do frag swaps and raffles at their meetings too. They have a club forum on R2R if you want to check it out and hold their meetings in Manchester, not a terrible drive from Waterbury.
I'm actually in Putnam so anything is relatively a drive from me but for sure I will certainly be checking them out.

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, don't know where I got Waterbury from... :)
It's because I mentioned I made contacts down there. No worries. I'm actually fairly happy already. People actually reply on this forum. The other not so much. Now if people would reply to my build thread that would be lovely. I'd love to make sure that I'm doing it all right haha!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place is definitely more friendly and active. The other place is still special to me though since I've been on there since 2003 and was a lurker there well before that when I started in this hobby. :D

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for signing up.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back