OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might just do that. But I'd have to change the size either right before each bulkhead or after it comes up out of the floor. I'll have to look into that.

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep in mind that the longer your 1.5" run is the more water will flow thru the pipe. It won't reduce the loss of head pressure but it will certainly help the flow

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added more live rock today, while cleaning off some more I found my cat, Gonzo in the chair watching the fish and critters move on by. lol!

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a bicolor wrasse yesterday from Beyond the Reef in Schaumburg, IL. Its blue, black and has the cream white to yellow tail. Added my Hydor Koralia wave maker and two pumps. Some of the corals look like they've opened up more and are happier.

The wrasse looks like this one.
http://www.twoofakind.info/images/pfk-photos/cleaner-wrasse/AG4155.jpg

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got home today around noon, my fiance was freaking out, I'm halfway awake from working 3000+ outages overnight, she starts screaming and yelling get that fish out of the tank it ate my yellow tangs fins and wont stop picking on it. I started to get irritated after I asked her what fish and wouldn't give me an answer. I started to figure it out that the bicolor cleaner wrasse did it because he was still after the yellow tang. It ate about half of its left pectoral fin. Well all in all, I had to remove all of my live rock from the tank to catch the wrasse. Called up the LFS and brought it back for store credit. Well my fiance drove since I was passing out after I caught it. She saw some acans that she liked and a couple of tigger pods. Picked out an orange one and a pink with white stripes. Luckily she was able to acclimate them and I went and had about 2.5 hours of sleep today. Lets just say that I'll be bouncing my head off the desk tonight while cleaning up the mess from the storms. Came in and there was about 2500+ outages still. Thank GOD my weekend starts tomorrow morning!

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought some more pvc stuff yesterday morning. Still need a few more things before I start plumbing it all. ugh
Order some snails and hermits from ReefCleaners, wish they had their site setup properly to include the shipping rate for the hermits instead of emailing you later to let you know it cost more to ship them and send you a paypal only pay. Had my bank acct hacked twice because of paypal. Waiting for the payment to go through so I can cancel paypal acct again. Last time I had over $100 of charges from New Zealand, England and somewhere else I can't remember at the moment.

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my yellow tang and starry blenny didn't make it. Ich got them both. Finished plumbing the overflow and this morning I'm plumbing the return pump and setting up my quarantine tank. Going to put my white cheek tang and blue tang in quarantine, since they both have ich.

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit since I posted. Still having issues getting my plumbing for my return pump to not leak here and there. I lost majority of my fish to ich or maybe marine velvet from introducing the white cheek tang. I have a blue hippo tang left and 2 pajama cardinals. Waiting till September sometime to replace my fish that I lost or replan on what I'm going to get. I know I would like to get more than two clowns this time around, maybe have a school/hairem of them and a yellow tang that my fiance loved that died.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey bro! Great-looking tank! INSANE sump!! Sorry about the pump troubles...hopefully you'll get those worked out.

Any chance you might show us an updated FTS soon?

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welfish_zps96eef72e.gif

OP
OP
T

tribalturtle2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Just woke up and a little out of it, What does FTS stand for?

I'm going to try the smaller impeller and see what happens before I install a ball valve.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back