[NEW VIDEO] Quick Cycling your Fish Tank

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's time to cycle your aquarium and get it ready for your first fish. In this video we walk you through the process of quick cycling. Quick cycling is cycling your aquarium using a pre-bottled beneficial bacteria like Fritz Turbo Start or Dr Tim's One and Only. Sit back and Relax.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although - the way that I do in order to start a new aquaria differ slight with this video - I find the general ideas in this video rather good. I prefer to do the nitrification cycle a little bit slower and combinined with intruduction of CUC and other bilogical processes.

Sincerely Lasse

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the "quick" way a few times now, just for my QT tanks since they will not be permanent and I needed them setup quick between QT schedules. I will say that it does work, but the algae bloom around a month later is the worst I've ever experienced, (consistently with all my QT tanks so far). For that reason I will not be doing anything "quick" with my DT and plan on doing a normal fish-less cycle.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back