Newbee to anemones

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, got my first eve anemone today just a small one in pictures it was neon green and quite puffy it has only been in here for a few hours but I was just wondering if everyone though it looked okay it doesn’t seem to move much occasionally on the tentacles but didn’t know whether that was to do with the flow or not if anyone has any tips or anything like that to help me on the anemone journey that would be much appreciated,
Thanks .
Ps.
It’s suppose to be green with purple tips

IMG_6026.jpeg

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a condy, LTA or BTA? What lights do you have over it? I think the best thing you can do for it is give it plenty of light and stable water conditions. It will move to make itself comfortable.
Seller said it was a “These are a common anemone brought in from Maltese water” “in the condy type “

areohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your tank been setup for? Anemones need stable water conditions.

areohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most will say to wait at least 6months to a year before adding any nems unless you have prior experience.

im not sure about condy nems but my BTA need higher par about 200 or more i would say

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller said it was a “These are a common anemone brought in from Maltese water” “in the condy type “
Keep in mind that condys don't host clownfish, and I understand that they have a nasty sting. Definitely high light requirements. They're also known to travel more than other nems, so a nem guard on any powerhead is highly recommended so that they don't suicide themselves and blast nematocysts all over your tank. They do have an interesting look to them! :)

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that condys don't host clownfish, and I understand that they have a nasty sting. Definitely high light requirements. They're also known to travel more than other nems, so a nem guard on any powerhead is highly recommended so that they don't suicide themselves and blast nematocysts all over your tank. They do have an interesting look to them! :)
They are specifically snakelock ones I believe, will it kill my fish ? I have two small clowns ! Or will they just not go near it ?

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are specifically snakelock ones I believe, will it kill my fish ? I have two small clowns ! Or will they just not go near it ?
I understand that they will happily kill fish. You basically hope your fish keep their distance like they should--my main fear with strong nems like condys and haddonis is if a fish freaks out and darts into the nem. One reason I don't keep any of those two.

Alex_star

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hey there it looks like your getting into the saltwater aquarium hobby, which is awesome! I wanted to share a tip with you regarding anemones. When you're starting out, I highly recommend considering a Bubble Tip Anemone over a Condy Anemone for a few reasons:

1. **Hardiness:** Bubble Tip Anemones (Entacmaea quadricolor) tend to be more forgiving and adaptable to different tank conditions, making them a better choice for beginners. They're known for their resilience.

2. **Compatibility:** BTA's have a better reputation for coexisting with a variety of clownfish species, which is a popular choice for saltwater enthusiasts. They offer a great symbiotic relationship.

3. **Color Variety:** Bubble Tips come in a stunning array of colors and patterns, adding vibrancy and beauty to your tank.

4. **Feeding:** They have a wider diet range and can be more flexible with the types of food they accept, making it easier to meet their nutritional needs.

5. **Size Control:** Bubble Tips typically stay smaller in size compared to Condy Anemones, which can grow quite large and potentially become a challenge in a smaller tank.

Remember to acclimate your new anemone slowly and provide proper lighting and water conditions. It's a rewarding choice for your aquarium, and I think you'll enjoy the colorful addition. If you have any more questions or need recommendations, feel free to ask. Happy reef-keeping!"

Remember, there’s a reason why the Condys are one of the cheapest than others and that’s because less people want those and they’re lower demand This should be considered an expert only but for some reason it’s not

I hope I was able to help. If you need any questions let me know

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi everyone, got my first eve anemone today just a small one in pictures it was neon green and quite puffy it has only been in here for a few hours but I was just wondering if everyone though it looked okay it doesn’t seem to move much occasionally on the tentacles but didn’t know whether that was to do with the flow or not if anyone has any tips or anything like that to help me on the anemone journey that would be much appreciated,
Thanks .
Ps.
It’s suppose to be green with purple tips

IMG_6026.jpeg
Acclimation plays a roe as does light and flow. Anemone may be adjusting but also when there is too much flow, They move to a neutral area lower in flow and too much light and they hide

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.9%
Back