OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I did end up getting the Nikon D5200 and learning a lot over the past few days on how to work the cam and good settings for shooting corals. My LEDs don't make it very easy but I feel I'm not doing half bad for my first time shooting on DSLR (out of auto mode.. Lol) I did learn with in the first pic I took, I need a macro lens.. Lol any recommendations for a decent macro for a Nikon with out spending a million dollars?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I did end up getting the Nikon D5200 and learning a lot over the past few days on how to work the cam and good settings for shooting corals. My LEDs don't make it very easy but I feel I'm not doing half bad for my first time shooting on DSLR (out of auto mode.. Lol) I did learn with in the first pic I took, I need a macro lens.. Lol any recommendations for a decent macro for a Nikon with out spending a million dollars?
Tamron 90mm 1:1

95% optically as good as the Nikon 105, without the VR and higher end build quality.

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanks :)
If you're still in the market and you don't mind older manual focus lenses, you can great deals on longer lenses on eBay. You might need to rig them up to use but it can save you a ton.

I used the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF from 1986. Got it for $70 online. Was one of my favorite lenses. It needs manual focus for the D5000, D3100 but I don't know about your model though. Look into these older ones if you don't want to spend a ton at first.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're still in the market and you don't mind older manual focus lenses, you can great deals on longer lenses on eBay. You might need to rig them up to use but it can save you a ton.

I used the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF from 1986. Got it for $70 online. Was one of my favorite lenses. It needs manual focus for the D5000, D3100 but I don't know about your model though. Look into these older ones if you don't want to spend a ton at first.

Thanks for the advice! When I'm ready to get a lens I will look into this :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back