Nitribiotic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hans-Werner Please, does Nitribiotic contain carbon?
Have I to consider it in the max quantity daily of 2 ml/100l (with Plus NP or NP Bacto Balance, Phytonic and Zootonic ?
Thank you

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have I to consider it in the max quantity daily of 2 ml/100l (with Plus NP or NP Bacto Balance, Phytonic and Zootonic ?
Thank you
I've used it before, although not with all those other additives. I think you'd be fine using it but you should take the advice given by @Hans-Werner when he replies. I think as long as you're keeping up with measuring your nitrate and phosphate levels you should be fine even if it does contain carbon though.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you
Yes, Nitribiotic also contains organic carbon as preservative, antioxidant and bacteria food after dosing. It has to be taken into account when calculating the maximum dosage of our organic carbon additives.

OP
OP
bandando

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Nitribiotic also contains organic carbon as preservative, antioxidant and bacteria food after dosing. It has to be taken into account when calculating the maximum dosage of our organic carbon additives.
Ok, thank you for your fast reply

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any type of instruction on how to use it with NP Bacto Balance or would it be just a guess work

arc.flash788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you think it is safe to dose nitribiotic while I have a possible Dino bloom? I’m trying to get more biodiversity and both my phosphate and nitrate are reading zero. I also have plus np but have not been adding that. Thank you.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you think it is safe to dose nitribiotic while I have a possible Dino bloom? I’m trying to get more biodiversity and both my phosphate and nitrate are reading zero. I also have plus np but have not been adding that. Thank you.
I highly doubt it would be unsafe in any way and since it does contain strains of bacteria not frequently found in other products (and even Saccharomyces which aren't bacteria), I think it would be a good choice for adding biodiversity. Again, I'd take @Hans-Werner advice over mine but feel he'd likely agree. I also applaud the company for their transparency regarding the bacterial strains present in the product! That's rare these days but extremely valuable and appreciated! Another product you might consider in addition to those you mentioned for adding biodiversity is AF Life Source. It's natural mud harvested from reefs near Fiji and although they didn't identify each and every strain of bacteria present (which would likely be impossible and it's a natural product regardless), I've used both Nitribiotic and AF Life Source myself in the past and personally feel they'd both be beneficial.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a lot of users using Nitribiotic against cyanobacteria. I think it is save and maybe rewarding to give it a try against dinoflagellates.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back