Noopsyche 140w light settings

Whats your experience and would you recommend?

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love these lights i tell everyone about them

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Hate the wifi version

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Connect via wifi

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Connect via ap

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Mini

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • 140w big brother

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Wish i went a diff. Route explain why

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

mikerf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oo I only have one at the moment. In that case go K7 and put it high. :cool: If you wait a day or two I'll be able to tell you definitively if they're linkable. one more incoming tomorrow. :D
The dimensions of the tank are 36x12X16 so I dont know if the K7 will have the coverage or not?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The dimensions of the tank are 36x12X16 so I dont know if the K7 will have the coverage or not?
I would go two minis. Coverage on the K7 is 24*24 I believe. You'd potentially have some really dark edges.

mikerf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go two minis. Coverage on the K7 is 24*24 I believe. You'd potentially have some really dark edges.
Would two k7 be overkill? I’m trying to build something that will eventually grow everything I throw at it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Would two k7 be overkill? I’m trying to build something that will eventually grow everything I throw at it.
Nope. I'd suggest those and keep them lower. Cost would be higher which is why I said 2 minis would work.

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my second K7. It took all of 5 seconds to make my second one a slave to my first: 2 button pushes. Other than horrible English and missing details in the paper directions on how to customize the 6 channels, this light is great!

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the k7 on AP mode over an Aquatop 40 cube. I also bought the diffuser shade but wish I went with one of the regular shades cause light spill is crazy still. Mounted about 7in above the water to avoid the extra spill for the kiddos.

Tank is 21.7 x 21.7 x 21.7 and this thing is powerful! The highest I have my blue is 30 I believe. Don't have a par meter to tell me what is best though. I like running solid blue for the last hour of the night for color pop.

Has anyone figured out how to change settings without putting on a Pink Floyd laser show in your display?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the k7 on AP mode over an Aquatop 40 cube. I also bought the diffuser shade but wish I went with one of the regular shades cause light spill is crazy still. Mounted about 7in above the water to avoid the extra spill for the kiddos.

Tank is 21.7 x 21.7 x 21.7 and this thing is powerful! The highest I have my blue is 30 I believe. Don't have a par meter to tell me what is best though. I like running solid blue for the last hour of the night for color pop.

Has anyone figured out how to change settings without putting on a Pink Floyd laser show in your display?
not sure if you've taken a look at my shades for the Noop lights but I have some links here:

I have not added diffusers to them yet but I may if that is an important feature you want for your shade.

I just added cool 3D models that can be manipulated to see exactly what the shades look like from every angle.

Last edited:

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 K7 Pros and here is my lighting schedule I find that the blues are a little too heavy however I am using the pre-set LPS configuration. Does anyone think the blues are a little too high?

I am currently only using LPS corals and my tank is a 80 gallon shallow reef.

Feedback appreciated!

IMG_5120.jpg

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would the Noopsyche k7 mini be too strong for a small 4G lagoon tank? Was thinking about getting this light to run on a 4G shroom tank (magic carpet, candy crush, and jawbreakers)

Tank Dimensions are 12in x 12in x 6.5in

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would the Noopsyche k7 mini be too strong for a small 4G lagoon tank? Was thinking about getting this light to run on a 4G shroom tank (magic carpet, candy crush, and jawbreakers)

Tank Dimensions are 12in x 12in x 6.5in
If the light is too strong for the tank, you can lower the power

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the light is too strong for the tank, you can lower the power
Hey, I had the same exact light when it first came out and was actually one of the very first to buy one to my knowledge. I absolutely loved it btw! Unfortunately, a few months ago the circuit box (I guess that's what you'd call it got wet because I couldn't mount it to the wall in my apartment without causing damage. I wasn't being smart, admittedly and should have ensured it would be safe from humidity/any possible water dripping onto it since I had it sitting on my chiller and I can't find a replacement part here.
Anyway, it might be helpful to the OP if you tell him which wavelengths of light each manual button on the screen (the wavelength adjustments listed A-E) control so he can adjust it to his tank's needs (including intensity). For example, he wouldn't need much red/green since that would promote algae growth if it's too high as well as whites. I don't recall which buttons on the screen adjust which.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@N1tew0lf1212 After @noopsyche replies to my last comment it might be best if you ask the sites light expert what his opinion is since he could probably estimate PAR and everything else of importance if you have the information I asked for in my last comment.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And no, I'm not promoting them here or in my other post simply for the contest. I actually do like their lights. I'm not in the contest actually.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, I had the same exact light when it first came out and was actually one of the very first to buy one to my knowledge. I absolutely loved it btw! Unfortunately, a few months ago the circuit box (I guess that's what you'd call it got wet because I couldn't mount it to the wall in my apartment without causing damage. I wasn't being smart, admittedly and should have ensured it would be safe from humidity/any possible water dripping onto it since I had it sitting on my chiller and I can't find a replacement part here.
Anyway, it might be helpful to the OP if you tell him which wavelengths of light each manual button on the screen (the wavelength adjustments listed A-E) control so he can adjust it to his tank's needs (including intensity). For example, he wouldn't need much red/green since that would promote algae growth if it's too high as well as whites. I don't recall which buttons on the screen adjust which.
I agree! they're great lights! and long lived if you don't get them wet! (I got my K7V3 power supply wet... & found a replacement.)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%

Back