OFFICIAL wilsoni show off thread!

Purpletang92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've now resumed the usual daily-every other day feedings
Okay , I know every tank is different so you will know what’s best for you, just watch closely and make changes slowly. For me taking my skimmer and heater offline, and running an algae scrubber seems to be working better.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay , I know every tank is different so you will know what’s best for you, just watch closely and make changes slowly. For me taking my skimmer and heater offline, and running an algae scrubber seems to be working better.
I figured it out. It receded more than I thought because part of it was buried in sand :rolleyes:

I may be an idiot lol

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new one came! I’m hoping I can slowly pull them out of their caves and get them into a little more light. An updated photo of my 1st one as well. My first ones changing color and I’m liking the way it’s going
IMG_0326.jpeg IMG_0327.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is dirty I know I know but check this out, this one is turning a hot pink and I think I see some yellow coming in
IMG_5440.jpeg
Looks good! Unsurprisingly mine was receding due to sea spiders (of course, it's my tank) and I moved it to better light. Yours looks stunning!

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’ve noticed a lot of them changing color lately , Did yours ever recover ?
Currently recovering, looks the same as when I last showed you, noticing less mesenterial filaments (one of the key signs of sea spider damage) and the tissue is coloring up in the previously shaded areas

Purpletang92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently recovering, looks the same as when I last showed you, noticing less mesenterial filaments (one of the key signs of sea spider damage) and the tissue is coloring up in the previously shaded areas
That’s good to hear sounds like it’s coming back , I’m due for some bulbs I’m sure mine will change even more when I get new bulbs in.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp I had a bad alk swing and lost most of my corals only a few survived. Back to the drawing board.
IMG_5584.jpeg
Well i almost lost my wilsoni myself, idk what it was, but it wouldn't open and skeleton was starting to poke through. Gave it an iodine dip, very roughly cut off dead skeleton and placed it in an area of higher flow, few days later I pulled a sea spider off of it. Now it looks better than ever!

Purpletang92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i almost lost my wilsoni myself, idk what it was, but it wouldn't open and skeleton was starting to poke through. Gave it an iodine dip, very roughly cut off dead skeleton and placed it in an area of higher flow, few days later I pulled a sea spider off of it. Now it looks better than ever!
That’s good to hear, hopefully with time it will grow back, I wish more of mine survived but at least it freed up more space.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back