OINK! I'm a Pig. 200g Reef Savvy, Bashsea, Royal Exclusiv -Direct sunlight- In wall w/ IKEA fishroom basement sump build

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard of in this hobby

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful build, your patience is something to admire, will go a long way in this hobby. Has the tank been delivered?

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And no pic of the tank in the garage.

I'm guessing you don't have it yet?
Yup.. You guessed correctly.

I made myself a promise that I will no longer hope, speculate or otherwise predict when this thing will arrive. I am a broken man (lol). But seriously for a minute, there appears to have been movement on the tank, but again I am not posting or getting my hopes up until I physically have the thing sitting in my garage, intact and not broken. There may or may not be a revival of this thread in the very, very near term. See? There I go again getting myself excited.... grrr... must not until I have it in my possession.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I made myself a promise that I will no longer hope, speculate or otherwise predict when this thing will arrive. I am a broken man (lol). But seriously for a minute, there appears to have been movement on the tank, but again I am not posting or getting my hopes up until I physically have the thing sitting in my garage, intact and not broken. There may or may not be a revival of this thread in the very, very near term. See? There I go again getting myself excited.... grrr... must not until I have it in my possession.
The crate is beefy so if it’s broken the delivery company went way out of their way to do so

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hopefully you get it soon!

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My will is broken and I have cracked.. my code of silence cannot be maintained- It is being delivered Monday. (!) After all this time!

Unfortunately, next week is school vacation week so its not going to get actually put in place until the following week. But at least its all over !!! (unless the crate is demolished... It sounds like from the above, it shouldnt be)

Here are a couple pics of the tank Felix sent- Couple design elements are unique for my adaptation so happy to answer anything people are curious about..

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh... one last thing since I haven't been documenting my recent adventures -

Lesson #1 - Dont play with your Apex if its not currently in a running system, things are plugged in, and you don't know what you are doing / learning:

IMG_0586.jpg

I quickly realized what was happening soon after entering the heater programming, but I must have missed it for a couple mins. Thankfully, the heater is all that was destroyed before I realized what was going on.

mdavis52585

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My will is broken and I have cracked.. my code of silence cannot be maintained- It is being delivered Monday. (!) After all this time!

Unfortunately, next week is school vacation week so its not going to get actually put in place until the following week. But at least its all over !!! (unless the crate is demolished... It sounds like from the above, it shouldnt be)

Here are a couple pics of the tank Felix sent- Couple design elements are unique for my adaptation so happy to answer anything people are curious about..

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg
Turned out great! Do you remember when you ordered yours? Just trying to figure out how far out mine is :).

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg
This is awesome news!!! I talked with Felix and I'm getting excited now as well. I cannot wait to have mine at home. Then I will start a build tread for my Savvy260!

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned out great! Do you remember when you ordered yours? Just trying to figure out how far out mine is :).
So I would not use my tank as a gauge of how long a tank from Felix would take. I ordered my tank a couple pages back, but it was July 2020. That's a long... long... long time ago.
However, during that time, so many unusual things happened that caused massive delays-
First Covid, then there was a nationwide glass shortage, then his glass finisher went out of business, then he ordered his own glass polishing etc equipment from Italy which had to be shipped over and installed/trained/tested, then there was that radioactive spill that was essentially right by his shop, then there was a Cat 3(?) hurricane, etc. etc. So much stuff happened. So I have no idea what his lead times currently are, but I would guess at minimum a year to a year and a half.

Clarkjw2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would not use my tank as a gauge of how long a tank from Felix would take. I ordered my tank a couple pages back, but it was July 2020. That's a long... long... long time ago.
However, during that time, so many unusual things happened that caused massive delays-
First Covid, then there was a nationwide glass shortage, then his glass finisher went out of business, then he ordered his own glass polishing etc equipment from Italy which had to be shipped over and installed/trained/tested, then there was that radioactive spill that was essentially right by his shop, then there was a Cat 3(?) hurricane, etc. etc. So much stuff happened. So I have no idea what his lead times currently are, but I would guess at minimum a year to a year and a half.
There is another person lurking here who reached out to me via PM. He placed his order Jul 2020 and the glass is now cut so you may want to add a few months plus or minus as a variance. Dec 2020 myself and I am told Jun-Jul timeframe this summer so we'll see.

Going to Tampa for my son's graduation in May so seriously considering a visit in person.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! Read your entire thread last night thinking “this thing started in 2020 and surely it’s beautiful”. Cant believe you just got the tank! Incredible build thus far. Can’t wait to see where this goes. Strong work!

mdavis52585

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another person lurking here who reached out to me via PM. He placed his order Jul 2020 and the glass is now cut so you may want to add a few months plus or minus as a variance. Dec 2020 myself and I am told Jun-Jul timeframe this summer so we'll see.

Going to Tampa for my son's graduation in May so seriously considering a visit in person.
I ordered mine in October 2020 so hoping only a couple more months at most!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back