OINK! I'm a Pig. 200g Reef Savvy, Bashsea, Royal Exclusiv -Direct sunlight- In wall w/ IKEA fishroom basement sump build

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he does good work but not worth the wait of 2+ years. I’ve seen some of his work locally and it’s nice but it’s not perfect. Not saying anyone is, but I was surprised at some of the blemishes I noticed in a tank that took years to get built. But he builds them like a tank! No pun intended. Haha. They are beautiful but I don’t know if I have the patience for that.

corey

Clarkjw2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 months in for me now. Glad I ordered when I did. This time next year is my target for moving to the farmhouse--which I thought would be done by now but is still far from it. If I don't have by then I'll just have a hole in my living room wall for a bit. Fish and corals will just have to make due in the 125 and 40s in the fish room until then.

I ordered not so much for the beauty but for the tank aspect. I need a tank that will last the rest of my life because I won't be able to afford it once I'm farming.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favourite builds so far! Hoping that the display will look as good if not better than the nuts and bolts of the system!

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, are you a member of the Boston Reefers Society?
Yes. But I’m not particularly active at the moment. Have too many things going on right now. But I do hop on there every now and then when I need local advice like on movers or LFS.
20 months in for me now. Glad I ordered when I did. This time next year is my target for moving to the farmhouse--which I thought would be done by now but is still far from it. If I don't have by then I'll just have a hole in my living room wall for a bit. Fish and corals will just have to make due in the 125 and 40s in the fish room until then.

I ordered not so much for the beauty but for the tank aspect. I need a tank that will last the rest of my life because I won't be able to afford it once I'm farming.
I must admit that was my primary motivation. I’m sure many tank companies create amazing tanks, but I wanted to make sure as close to 100% that the tank or seams will never fail. Unfortunately for me, the only place I trust that with is Reef Savvy. I know I likely have dismissed others too readily, but the glass is not a place for buyers remorse for me. I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with anything else. Anyway, it sounds like I am on the home stretch. So we will see what happens. By this point I’ve almost forgotten my original plumbing and how I did it lol.

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?
Didn’t want to say anything until it’s firm, but I believe that he started the tank last week. However, at this stage I will only believe it when I see it in my garage in a crate ;)
Will definitely keep the forum updates once I have anything of substance. (Shakes head). This has been so insane….

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes read the first page or two of a build and then skip to the most current page just to see where it's at before going back and reading more. Let's just say I'm stunned to see where you are... or where you aren't. Unbelievable! I sure hope the wait is worth it and that you get it soon! And I feel your pain somewhat. I was about to order Tampa Bay Saltwater rock and sand for my build. I think that's gonna be delayed! lol

BTW, this is not the only hobby with insane wait times. I'm a huge bicycle fan... as in like... bicycles are like art to me. So many amazing custom builders out there. Vanilla up in the Seattle area was one that always had something like a 2-4 year wait. I'm like... I could be dead by then! Efffffffff that. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes read the first page or two of a build and then skip to the most current page just to see where it's at before going back and reading more. Let's just say I'm stunned to see where you are... or where you aren't. Unbelievable! I sure hope the wait is worth it and that you get it soon! And I feel your pain somewhat. I was about to order Tampa Bay Saltwater rock and sand for my build. I think that's gonna be delayed! lol

BTW, this is not the only hobby with insane wait times. I'm a huge bicycle fan... as in like... bicycles are like art to me. So many amazing custom builders out there. Vanilla up in the Seattle area was one that always had something like a 2-4 year wait. I'm like... I could be dead by then! Efffffffff that. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
LOL thats awesome. Ya, at this stage all I can do is laugh. It's been so so long. It has become an extended family joke so much so that people have started to try to name the hole in the wall, since its like part of the family now.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for that… but honestly it should only be a few days delay unless they totally lose power.
We have been the direct hit of a couple of Cat 3s, both were Cat 5s a day before they hit the Louisiana coast. Both times we were out of power for over three weeks. Felix is not in a good place. I hope they escape major damage.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL thats awesome. Ya, at this stage all I can do is laugh. It's been so so long. It has become an extended family joke so much so that people have started to try to name the hole in the wall, since its like part of the family now.
I waited almost two years to get my Reef Savvy. I have had it for five years, set it up for a couple of months in 2020. Then Hurricane Laura bombed us back into the Stone Age and just when we got our stuff repaired around May last year - we flooded. I am currently working on it again. Maybe this time. LOL!

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have got to be sh*tting me.. I'll give you one guess as to whose fishtank workshop is the dead center of where the hurricane devastation will hit. UN-believable.. I will never get this tank... LOL
I messaged him about his staff and himself and he said they were fine and that the lost power for a few days. Ive waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I got some pics earlier in the year of glass that had been cut for my build. Fingers crossed this will be our year.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged him about his staff and himself and he said they were fine and that the lost power for a few days. Ive waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I got some pics earlier in the year of glass that had been cut for my build. Fingers crossed this will be our year.
Good to hear that Felix, the shop and crew are all ok.

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah. Yes that's about right. Lol. When I decided to get back into the hobby earlier this year I couldnt even imagine that 8 month waits for fish tanks exist.. So I was quite blown away when I found out. So I'm going to be delayed like 3-6 months more than I planned, which is a LOT. It's looking like a Feb-March time frame for the tank. And with my luck we will be buried in snow and unable to move the tank into its spot.
To think here it is September 2022 and we still do not have our tanks. But like you stated we want the best and in our eyes its Reef Savvy. Before we sold our house 2yr and 3mo ago my wife wanted our new house to have a SW tank and not a used one. So I decided on RS for our build 72"x30"x28". I had a 40 breeder that I lost to the freeze a year ago down here in Texas. This is our Generac story.... When we signed for the house I wanted the Generac as well, she didn't want to spend the money. Well after the freeze happened and 3 days without power she said whatever it cost get it installed asap. To this day we laugh about it because her aunt was the same way.

Clarkjw2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on your tank? I finalized plans a few days ago and we set a June/July timeframe for delivery. But I'll believe that when I see it. Been watching to see when you get your tank as an indicator of how close he may be to working on mine!

I had to reach out to finalize plans though. We are about to put up the drywall and officially create my own living room wall hole. At least I will be living up there when the tank gets delivered I guess.

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on your tank? I finalized plans a few days ago and we set a June/July timeframe for delivery. But I'll believe that when I see it. Been watching to see when you get your tank as an indicator of how close he may be to working on mine!

I had to reach out to finalize plans though. We are about to put up the drywall and officially create my own living room wall hole. At least I will be living up there when the tank gets delivered I guess.
I don't want to jinx anything or make any statements that turn out to be false, but I think the tank is being finished next week. I say "I think" because I have thought many times already my tank was almost ready and nothing has transpired. But this time there are pics. I decided I will only post an update when the tank is physically in my garage Lol So tired of waiting :/ In the meantime I have installed 2 Kessil A500x in between the Radions, so it looks like my lighting is all ready to go. The rocks have cycled like 2 years now?? LOLOL

Anyway, I hope to have a REAL update after New Years. Of course, it will come during ski season when I literally have no free time to spend on the build. Guess I am giving up sleep or something, haha

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is going to be rocking with all that established LR at this point!!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back