One spot foxface nipping at sps

KLittle20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a week ago I added a one spot foxface to my tank. Its a beautiful fish and adds a lot to the reef, but today I noticed it nipping at some acros. I've experienced fish in the past nipping at acros and the polyps would stay retracted for a day or two even after the fish was removed. I'm not sure if the foxface is actually eating polyps or eating the slim off the skin because the polyps are fully extended a minute or two after the foxface leaves. I typically feed the tank three times a day. pellets twice and then a mix of algae and brine shrimp. Nori is always in a clip on the side of the tank for her and the tangs. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a week ago I added a one spot foxface to my tank. Its a beautiful fish and adds a lot to the reef, but today I noticed it nipping at some acros. I've experienced fish in the past nipping at acros and the polyps would stay retracted for a day or two even after the fish was removed. I'm not sure if the foxface is actually eating polyps or eating the slim off the skin because the polyps are fully extended a minute or two after the foxface leaves. I typically feed the tank three times a day. pellets twice and then a mix of algae and brine shrimp. Nori is always in a clip on the side of the tank for her and the tangs. Has anyone else had any experience with this?
It's probably picking at something else, like algae.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back