Bicolor Foxface

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of adding a Foxface to my tank. I had Foxface Lo and Onespot Foxface in the past. I am thinking of getting a Bicolor Foxface at this time.

Tell me about your experiences with the Bicolor. What is it that you like/ don’t like about thìs fish. Is the color striking or just dull and dabb

What about temperament?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is calm, ate a TON of Bubble Algae and then got fat and lazy. He can go from pretty to dran constantly depending on his mood though.

IMG_20231012_131252550~2.jpg

Muppy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. Absolutely love him. He is very fat and picks at the rocks all day every day. Absolutely my favourite fish in the tank (even more than my regal angel). Has only ever picked on corals that are already dying and have algae on the skeleton. Even safe with zoas.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of adding a Foxface to my tank. I had Foxface Lo and Onespot Foxface in the past. I am thinking of getting a Bicolor Foxface at this time.

Tell me about your experiences with the Bicolor. What is it that you like/ don’t like about thìs fish. Is the color striking or just dull and dabb

What about temperament?
I may be a bit biased towards foxfaces but if you go for a Foxface opt for one of these;
Siganus niger - Tongan Black
Siganus magnificus - Magnificent
Siganus uspi - Bicolour

I’ve always owned at least 1 magnificent but have cared for uspi. They’re gorgeous fish and much like others have that drastic colour change. From memory, uspi can get whiter when it camos. Temperament wise, Rabbitfish are generally the same in terms of they will often be the peace keepers in a tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your upgrade to a 5’ coming along? :)) Do you think any Foxface will outgrow your current tank?
The 5’ tank is going great! Some unfortunate deaths but it had 3 new fish already within the first week of setting up.

Honestly, there’s some Rabbits which will outgrow a 5’ but none of the foxfaces should :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back