Other hobbies?!

Surfrat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 1" risers and handle bars to the bike. I am torn between 2 looks. I have 10" mini apes and Drag bars. I have sat on the bike hours each one and cant decide. I think I may go with both and put quick disconnects for the brake line so I can change it out haha.

Soon welding will start and Ill be adding the tank, seat and rear fender.

Drag bars would be my choice. The handling with apes is so distorted, plus I'm old so my hands would be falling asleep in no time if they were above my head

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys all have cool hobbies, I collect stamps, MTG cards, used to play tournaments when I was younger. Now I prefer to go backpacking, every year I take my dog out and hike 100 miles of the North Country trail that runs past my town. I also collect slugs and snails, but that's more for work than just a hobby.

Magic? I used to love playing that game on camping trips in boy scouts.

gbdrywall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 1" risers and handle bars to the bike. I am torn between 2 looks. I have 10" mini apes and Drag bars. I have sat on the bike hours each one and cant decide. I think I may go with both and put quick disconnects for the brake line so I can change it out haha.

Soon welding will start and Ill be adding the tank, seat and rear fender.

with the up and out on my bike,the drag bars and how low i sit make it like apes,if i didnt have the chop,id have apes on anything else.i think its more comfortable .what are you gonna do for the engine?mine was a 113,now at about 118,heads done and 2 50 no2 fog jets when i want to run the bottle.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with the up and out on my bike,the drag bars and how low i sit make it like apes,if i didnt have the chop,id have apes on anything else.i think its more comfortable .what are you gonna do for the engine?mine was a 113,now at about 118,heads done and 2 50 no2 fog jets when i want to run the bottle.

This is my plan but very open especially if I find a wrecked bike with a running engine. (I am struggling finding a motor :/)
-113CI engine.
- 6 speed ultima
-32 amp charging system - stator, rotor, regulator
-3" open primary
-1.4KW starter

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ran into some issues last night... the risers I bought are not tall enough. Returned and bought 3" risers :( kinda ruins my shorty look.

Still cant decide on handlebars... So wife came up with an idea, get the bike running and rideable. start with the apes, ride for a week, and if you don't like it you can cut down the cables and make it fit the drags.

Another issue happened too :(
my throttle - whiskey throttle does not fit my 1" bars either of them. So I need to return that too, thought I think this one is defective because its a 1" throttle and everything fits minus the clamp. so whateves.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home brewing!!!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456887046.205881.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456887079.905707.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456887105.399622.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456887131.003694.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456887154.952771.jpg

Aside from reefing, great hobby. Fun to brew, fun to drink... Good all around! [emoji12]

way way cool! I want to brew my own, but don't have the space. Love it though, send a batch my way.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a pin head! image.jpeg

Is that your warehouse? if so I am mad jealous. My dream home is a warehouse in a city. the house part would be loft in the top. and the bottom is all play haha. HUGE HUGE kitchen for the wife, garage, bike area, workout area haha.

My father has a pinball machine from 1969, all I remember from is the head board of it has a blue car with a guy on fire sitting on the hood.

Lenny_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
way way cool! I want to brew my own, but don't have the space. Love it though, send a batch my way.
Thanks, wish it was easier to ship beer. [emoji6]
A couple years back I got first place In an American Homebrewers Association regional competition, but didn't end up winning the Nationals. Still was cool to go and be part of the convention.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457015272.928617.jpg

gbdrywall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ran into some issues last night... the risers I bought are not tall enough. Returned and bought 3" risers :( kinda ruins my shorty look.

Still cant decide on handlebars... So wife came up with an idea, get the bike running and rideable. start with the apes, ride for a week, and if you don't like it you can cut down the cables and make it fit the drags.

Another issue happened too :(
my throttle - whiskey throttle does not fit my 1" bars either of them. So I need to return that too, thought I think this one is defective because its a 1" throttle and everything fits minus the clamp. so whateves.

you will never be done working or tweaking an american vtwin lol.just enjoy the ride and keep the shiny side up!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back