View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting 6 new frags from WWC, three of which are acropora. They are:

WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora
Paletta Pink Tip Acropora
Green Slimer Acropora.

One is a Forest Fire Digitata Montipora, one is a Branching Cyphastrea, and one is a WWC Rainbow Branching Hammer.

I know where the Cyphastrea and Hammer are going, but I have a few questions regarding PAR for some of these pieces.

For the Digi, I know they do well in medium-high light (what are your experiences?).

For the first two Acros listed, I know they will likely appreciate higher PAR. However, for the Green Slimer, I have seen a wide variety of placements. I want to put it somewhere in the middle of the tank so it can grow vertically. I have many areas in the middle at about 250 PAR. Is that sufficient for a Slimer? As it grows, it will find higher PAR, of course. And I will be adding another AI Blade in a few months to further reduce shadowing.

Please let me know if you have experience with any of these! I am still fairly new to the coral game!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting 6 new frags from WWC, three of which are acropora. They are:

WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora
Paletta Pink Tip Acropora
Green Slimer Acropora.

One is a Forest Fire Digitata Montipora, one is a Branching Cyphastrea, and one is a WWC Rainbow Branching Hammer.

I know where the Cyphastrea and Hammer are going, but I have a few questions regarding PAR for some of these pieces.

For the Digi, I know they do well in medium-high light (what are your experiences?).

For the first two Acros listed, I know they will likely appreciate higher PAR. However, for the Green Slimer, I have seen a wide variety of placements. I want to put it somewhere in the middle of the tank so it can grow vertically. I have many areas in the middle at about 250 PAR. Is that sufficient for a Slimer? As it grows, it will find higher PAR, of course. And I will be adding another AI Blade in a few months to further reduce shadowing.

Please let me know if you have experience with any of these! I am still fairly new to the coral game!
I’d ask them what par the frags are in. But 250 is plenty. Slimer can go as low as 100.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back