Peppermint shrimp Vs Nudibranchs

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone I’m in a bit of a situation and I can’t figure out what exactly to do. So I got 6 peppermint shrimp a while ago and wanted them to eat some of the aptasia in my tank but after 3 months they didn’t touch the stuff. I feed my tank heavily and noticed they took a liking to eating all the leftover fish food. I’ve managed to catch out 4 of the 6 and have been spending hours over the past week and a half looking for the other 2 I assume they died somhow. Either way I put the peppermint shrimp into a qt tank that had aptasia in it and surprise surprise they ate it all. The reason I was removing the shrimp was to make room for some berghia Nudibranchs but now I’m stuck. On one hand there’s the chance that the other 2 shrimps are in the tank and could eat the berghia and on the other hand the shrimp have shown that they will eat aptasia in the tank as long as I don’t feed too too much but then again no matter how hard I try there’s always gonna be leftover food. Sorry on the long text but just need some options thanks for reading!!!

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone I’m in a bit of a situation and I can’t figure out what exactly to do. So I got 6 peppermint shrimp a while ago and wanted them to eat some of the aptasia in my tank but after 3 months they didn’t touch the stuff. I feed my tank heavily and noticed they took a liking to eating all the leftover fish food. I’ve managed to catch out 4 of the 6 and have been spending hours over the past week and a half looking for the other 2 I assume they died somhow. Either way I put the peppermint shrimp into a qt tank that had aptasia in it and surprise surprise they ate it all. The reason I was removing the shrimp was to make room for some berghia Nudibranchs but now I’m stuck. On one hand there’s the chance that the other 2 shrimps are in the tank and could eat the berghia and on the other hand the shrimp have shown that they will eat aptasia in the tank as long as I don’t feed too too much but then again no matter how hard I try there’s always gonna be leftover food. Sorry on the long text but just need some options thanks for reading!!!
Throw them in, cross your fingers and stop feeding so much…..how many fish you have? I have 3 peppermints that I’m praying don’t get eaten by my wrasse…..it’s an everyday ordeal to see what survived…but the shrimp tend to eat the food if fed too much in my tank….and not go after those apastacia….

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back