djm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

just picked up this little guy this afternoon and was labelled as a percula, I have my doubts and am thinking that it could be a ocellaris.

I liked him because of the unusual broken stripe in the middle so am happy with my purchase either way but just interested on what you guys think.

B73BFC27-6BCA-4544-AADD-4BAFE5725A1B.jpeg F54DBDA3-FC06-4001-B445-48F18E326C95.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is most likely an A. ocellaris not an A. percula. These are two separate species but with tank raise clowns there is defiantly a possibility of a Percula or two among the ancestors of the Ocellaris clown.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, ocellaris. Perculas have more defined edges to their stripes, orange eyes, and less spines in their dorsal fins. Most adult perculas have a good amount of black as well. It can be difficult to tell with little ones, though. That specimen has some very interesting patterns, good find!

OP
OP
djm

djm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, ocellaris. Perculas have more defined edges to their stripes, orange eyes, and less spines in their dorsal fins. Most adult perculas have a good amount of black as well. It can be difficult to tell with little ones, though. That specimen has some very interesting patterns, good find!
Yep I thought it was an ocellaris when I saw it in the lfs with a few others in the same tank. I picked this one out specifically for the interesting pattern.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • Full frame

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back