PETG Mushroom Cage Tips?

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I started printing some reef stuff on my anycubic go. Anyone have tips for improvement? I'm still getting strings. The filament dryer helped a lot but still having a hard time dialing it in. This mushroom cage I found on thingiverse has been a great tester!

20240501_230039.jpg 20240501_230118.jpg 20240501_230129.jpg

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a filament dryer and that helped a ton! It got me down to that level of stringing. Before it was a mess. I sprint at 30 so rather slow already, should I go slower?

Do you have a retraction distance you recommend? I haven't noticed much of a difference changing it and have been printing low at 235

dakk50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, that’s already pretty slow. I wouldn’t lower it any more. Is the texture on the cage the desired outcome, with just the stringing wisps the issue? Tbh when I get those a quick pass over with a butane torch makes them go away

masterofstuff124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some filament needs more drying then you might think. (some dryers suck)
lower temp,
lower fan speed or turn off(in some conditions the fan can blast the the nozzle and cause stringing.)
play with retraction(this is printer specific)
lowering extrusion multiplier in 0.01 increments.

looking at the solid parts of the print i can see some zits. which points to extrusion issues. most common is wet filament. but there might be issues with your filament path (extruder gear teeth, any ptfe, loose screws, printhead maintenance)

also nozzles are cheap, its worth a swap. Enlarged holes cause similar issues. nozzles are a consumable.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back