Petland Norwin Aquarium Contest

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Fellow Reefers, I have entered my reef in a local contest on the Petland Norwin Facebook page. They are trying to establish a saltwater fish department. Some of the livestock I have purchased has been of good quality. If you're from the area, stop in and check them out. Please go to the Petland Norwin Facebook page and like it. Then you can scroll down their page until you find the PHOTO CONTEST. There you will be able to see all of the tanks that are entered in the contest. I have included the photo I submitted. If you choose mine, like it and I would appreciate your comments after. The tank is a Red Sea max 650s mixed reef consisting of SPS and LPS corals and many inhabitants. This tank has been a lot of fun due to the wide variety of inhabitants. I would like to thank all of you for helpful posts in my creating of this reef.

IMG_1191.JPG

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also tell me your thought on here . And again thank you all for great advice to help me along the way

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the Petland page and when you scroll down right before where the contest is you will see some pics of there live stock I purchase the clam you see there it is 5-6 inches and really healthy

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanted to add they will special order any thing you want if available .

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really thought some of would be supportive of a chain pet store that is trying to be better and do a good job with saltwater. It is owed by 2 brothers who you see at least one every day and listen to what you have to say about there stuff and improve . I entered the contest because I am proud of my tank and would be nice to win.
But help them at the same time I would be nice to have good local store and not just on line

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
Isn't it Irwin, PA that you are talking about? I just googled it I guess it is but in a shopping plaza called Norwin Town Square. People probably didn't respond because they don't know of location of this store. You might get more response posting it in the local forum here https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/pittsburgh-marine-aquarium-society.194/ They support the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society with 10% off everything in the store with an additional 10% off of livestock.

Your tank looks really good by the way.

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought people would have been shocked that a chain type store could care my experience have been these types of stores do not have interesting live stock or if they do have no clue how too care for it . They are trying to get it right

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a link to your thread in the local club forums. I know that some members shop there. I have not been there yet simply because I am in the south hills and it's pretty far from me. Our November club meeting is at a members house in Irwin so maybe I will have a chance to stop by and check out the store before hand.

OP
OP
waybad41willys

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are open to suggestions not there yet but Willing to get it go the distance

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was part of the pmas way back when it first started
You know the people are all different. I don't think any of the originals are around much anymore. We would love to have you come check us back out if you are ever inclined. I know @ReefQueen would like it. We have a new website located at www.pmasi.com that you can check out upcoming meetings on if you ever feel like it. Some of us are putting in allot of work trying to fix stuff and bring the club back around.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really thought some of would be supportive of a chain pet store that is trying to be better and do a good job with saltwater. It is owed by 2 brothers who you see at least one every day and listen to what you have to say about there stuff and improve . I entered the contest because I am proud of my tank and would be nice to win.
But help them at the same time I would be nice to have good local store and not just on line
Personally, I won't shop at petlands because I won't shop at any pet store that sells pure bred dogs, that's just against my conscience but to each his own...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back