Picasso's and SnowFlakes clownfish club...

RyanG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! Can you think of any other common fish that sometimes come in an oddball coloration? That is what I would like to stock my tank with if possible.

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your female is an awesome one Chelsey... any update on these guys? maybe a quick video... :)

The pair is doing quite well and they're both eating like pigs. I told myself it would just be the clowns and an anemone but I'm slowly adding some zoas and palys and a frag of sanddollar monti that came from my mother colony in my 100 gallon cube. I gave them a purple LTA and they haven't touched it...go figure. I will hopefully be getting a RBTA for my picasso pair in my cube but I might give the snowflakes the BTA and move the LTA to the big tank. No video because I don't have anything that will take video, just still images ;)

The picassos are doing well too, growing like weeds which is a good thing because they were tiny little buggers when I got them! They're starting to get a little bit of darkening between their white bands which I'm hoping means that they'll get black filling in at some point.

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picassos again...notice the darkening in between bars :)

picassos.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pair is doing quite well and they're both eating like pigs. I told myself it would just be the clowns and an anemone but I'm slowly adding some zoas and palys and a frag of sanddollar monti that came from my mother colony in my 100 gallon cube. I gave them a purple LTA and they haven't touched it...go figure. I will hopefully be getting a RBTA for my picasso pair in my cube but I might give the snowflakes the BTA and move the LTA to the big tank. No video because I don't have anything that will take video, just still images ;)

The picassos are doing well too, growing like weeds which is a good thing because they were tiny little buggers when I got them! They're starting to get a little bit of darkening between their white bands which I'm hoping means that they'll get black filling in at some point.

My picassos again...notice the darkening in between bars :)
Chelsey, good to know the gang is doing well, eating, and maturing... :)

when you get the chance, I'd like to see some vids of the SnowFlakes... those guys are the next target... hopefully, by next month, I can have a pair in the 12g nano... wish me luck... :)

again, nice clownfishes Chelsey...

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picasso's display the craziest sleeping behavior. They will float on the surface of the water during the night. My heart leapt out of my chest the first time i saw it cause i thought my fish were dead. Has anyone elses clowns exhibited this sort of behavior?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picasso's display the craziest sleeping behavior. They will float on the surface of the water during the night. My heart leapt out of my chest the first time i saw it cause i thought my fish were dead. Has anyone elses clowns exhibited this sort of behavior?
mine sleeps on a corner in the sand bed and sometimes, I get nervous also coz I don't see them moving all that much... but when the actinics turn on, they are back to normal... :)

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you the best of luck with that search FOSELONE. Your best bet would probably be your LFS if they deal with ORA. Even if they do order from ORA you can expect to get put on a waiting list.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully next week I will post my Grade A picasso that will be on my cube.. Nice Picasso's everyone

FOSELONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you the best of luck with that search FOSELONE. Your best bet would probably be your LFS if they deal with ORA. Even if they do order from ORA you can expect to get put on a waiting list.

chelsey thats a snowfake in your avatar right...where'd you get that...i like it

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw.. here's the new addition... I really like the white markings on this dude... :)

11-19-08_Snowcasso1.jpg

11-19-08_Snowcasso2.jpg

preliminary videos...

haha.. excuse my phone ringing... :D

right now, he's being chased around by the bigger ORA Picasso but I'm hoping they'll settle down in a few days... more videos coming soon... :)

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to try and get pics/vids of my Grade A Picasso's this weekend. They are really nice.

Marvin, your Snowcasso looks awesome. My little Picasso has the same white on his head and face, I chose him because of that. Really cute little guy.

Sandy

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chelsey thats a snowfake in your avatar right...where'd you get that...i like it

Yes, that is a snowflake in my avatar, I have two of them. I bought them from a LFS, but the owner has a big hookup at ORA.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to try and get pics/vids of my Grade A Picasso's this weekend. They are really nice.

Marvin, your Snowcasso looks awesome. My little Picasso has the same white on his head and face, I chose him because of that. Really cute little guy.

Sandy
awesome Sandy... looking forward to seeing some pics of your Picasso's... :)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back