Purple haze Monti
P3250046.jpg

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pics... gotta love the rainbow montis :D mine is only 3/4'' and it's already my favorite monti in the tank

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they that sensitive? mine's been falling around all over the place ever since i got it... lol and polyps come right back out once i place it back into its original spot.

pufferpunk, if you give me a few weeks, i could probably make a small frag for you?

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought a blue background with green polyps was a pokerstar monti, blue background with red polyps is a superman monti, blue background with green/red/orange polyps is a rainbow monti, and orange background with green polyps is a true sunset monti.
Am I correct?

None the less awesome corals!!!

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually, pokerstars are rainbow montis, just some vendor named them pokerstars a while ago to be able to double the market... basically they end up looking identical

very nice montis by the way, really nice colors!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...really?? :O I always thought that the pokerstars lacked the orange/red polyps that the rainbows shared..or the ratio of orange/green polyp was bigger in favor of the green polyps with the pokerstars.

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the ratio is different, but in really bright lighting I've seen them both end up looking the same, weird... I have a bunch of both in my farm system and stopped being able to tell them apart long ago, they literally look identical now

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could it be that they are same species, but from different regions resulting in a different growth pattern? if what you are saying is true, i might have purchased a second "rainbow" for no apparent reason :hammer:...not that i mind having two rainbow frags in my tank :D

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking monti's Pazazz!

I agree with Miguel. My pokerstar monti started out with green polyps but now has orange and red polyps.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the ratio is different, but in really bright lighting I've seen them both end up looking the same, weird... I have a bunch of both in my farm system and stopped being able to tell them apart long ago, they literally look identical now

Well, shoot, that's good to know. Pookstreet was nice enough to trade me a pokerstar, and the rainbow was next on the list.

Miguel to the rescue yet again...

:D
Laurie

jocoxVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always under the impression they were basically identical also. Plus I was always told that with rainbows you only see the orange/red polyps on the growing edge so when you get a big piece and dont see those polyps as much you end up with the pokerstar as well.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love that purple haze monti. i have that also. it has a wicked bright blue/purple color to it. waaaaaaaaay brighter than the superman.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh Pazazz, those monti's are really incredible!!! I don't have any monti's in my tank at the moment but I hope to change that soon :)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 82 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back