Pink spot diamond goby not eating

alsante

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this pink spotted diamond goby for about 4 months and all of a sudden it stopped eating a few days ago and is not as active and hiding. I do see him still occasionally sifting sand, but he typically eats a lot when I feed the tank and won’t touch anything. There is no labored breathing that I can tell. I see no visible signs of disease and all other fish are acting normally. No new additions in over 2 months. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

IMG_3718.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you get a better picture or video under white light. What other fish are there - is it possible there is some antagonism?

OP
OP
A

alsante

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a better picture or video under white light. What other fish are there - is it possible there is some antagonism?
This is the best I could get before he went back in the cave. There’s no visible signs that I see. No issues with other fish but they include two ocellaris clownfish, long nose hawk fish, green clown goby, six line wrasse, azure damsel and Bangaii cardinal fish

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 8

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best I could get before he went back in the cave. There’s no visible signs that I see. No issues with other fish but they include two ocellaris clownfish, long nose hawk fish, green clown goby, six line wrasse, azure damsel and Bangaii cardinal fish

That's tough to say - with just that one generalized symptom, there just isn't enough to go on for a diagnosis. If you can post a video I can double check its respiration rate for you.

OP
OP
A

alsante

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came back out and I was able to get a video.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.mov
    27.5 MB

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish getting aggressive towards it and pressuring it out of eating?
Any general changes to the tank that could be stressing it out?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have had this pink spotted diamond goby for about 4 months and all of a sudden it stopped eating a few days ago and is not as active and hiding. I do see him still occasionally sifting sand, but he typically eats a lot when I feed the tank and won’t touch anything. There is no labored breathing that I can tell. I see no visible signs of disease and all other fish are acting normally. No new additions in over 2 months. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

IMG_3718.jpeg
Have you changed diet and what foods do you currently feed?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back