• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PODS

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say i put these pods in my tank 2 weeks after startup. didnt see much in the bag so wasnt expecting anything. but now they are everywhere. i can take water samples out of my sump because it will have pods in it.
so if anyone is hesitant dont be i have pods everywhere

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome, thanks bwrag!! We sell juvenile-adult pods because copepods go through a wide range of size-changes throughout their lives. In their adult state, reached about 1 month after birth, they become large and easily visible to both humans and fish. This means they are "on the menu" in their adult stage. However for the month prior, as juveniles, they appear as dust specs in the water and are capable of both cleaning your aquarium by getting into the small nooks and crannies of your rock AND reproducing by laying eggs. By selling juvenile-adult pods we create a continuous source of food for your fish by giving providing adults pods to immediately satisfy your fish AND the juvenile pods that reproduce and spawn a new generation before they become large enough to be "on the menu" as adults. This means instead of your fish eating all of the pods very quickly, leaving you purchasing more pods constantly, we give you the juvenile pods as well that will become more easily visible after they grow for a few weeks and establish a replenishing population in your tank! As the OP mentioned, you will notice a large increase in pod population a few weeks after seeding the tank as the juveniles reach the adult life stage. This is agreat sign because it means your fish and corals have a great food source always present but also because it means the next generation of pods has already been born!

Now that you are a copepod expert, please use coupon code "Reef2Reef" on our site for 20% off all orders until JULY 31. Thanks again for the support!

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
twice I have purchased from AlgaeBarn and both times despite there being a large sticker on the box that says "leave on doorstep, not in mailbox - Live Creatures"...the mail-person put them in the mail box...this time I didn't get them for 2 days and it was 80 degrees both days, so needless to say they were all dead this time. Being that I was leaving for vacation, AlgaeBarn
Fedx'd them and all was good. So even though it wasn't their fault, they stood behind their product. Don't hesitate to buy from AlgaeBarn...my fuge is full of pods now and my mandarin is happy and so am I
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438463342.713929.jpg

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
twice I have purchased from AlgaeBarn and both times despite there being a large sticker on the box that says "leave on doorstep, not in mailbox - Live Creatures"...the mail-person put them in the mail box...this time I didn't get them for 2 days and it was 80 degrees both days, so needless to say they were all dead this time. Being that I was leaving for vacation, AlgaeBarn
Fedx'd them and all was good. So even though it wasn't their fault, they stood behind their product. Don't hesitate to buy from AlgaeBarn...my fuge is full of pods now and my mandarin is happy and so am I
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438463342.713929.jpg

Thank you Fishinwall and great pic of your mandarin!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back