POLL - Zoanthids and Temperature - What is the Ideal Temperature? What Temperature is Your Tank?

What Temperature do you Keep Your Zoanthids at?

• Total voters

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a Poll.

Please Participate and Vote.

I am wondering what the "Ideal" Temperature is for Zoanthids?

I ask because I have seen a few people mention that you MUST keep your Tank at 78 or LESS otherwise Zoanthids will Melt (Especially Japanese Deepwater Zoanthids).

Please Post (And Vote) on what you keep your Temperature at and Why you keep it at that Temperature?

Any info on this would help greatly.

At what Temperature do you notice the Best Color?

At what Temperature do you notice the Most Growth?

Under 72
Above 82

Last edited:
OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any experience trying to Grow Zoanthids in Different Temperatures?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank stays between 78.0-78.5 in the summer, between 75.2-75.6 during the spring and fall, and during the coldest part of winter I let it settle at 73.0-73.5.
I let the weather dictate the temp but it has to be consistently hot or cold outside for me to allow it to change. I don't let it fluctuate much otherwise.
I know from scuba diving that the water temps in many places are dictated by the seasons and the corals survive that. It's typically large swings in temp that do harm or maybe rapidly fluctuating temps.

I don't really notice color difference between the temps. I've noticed more color morphing with different nutrient levels.
Just my two cents :peace:

BTW, My tank right now is 75.3 because we haven't hit the coldest part of the year in Florida.

Last edited:
OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank stays between 78.0-78.5 in the summer, between 75.2-75.6 during the spring and fall, and during the coldest part of winter I let it settle at 73.0-73.5.
I let the weather dictate the temp but it has to be consistently hot or cold outside for me to allow it to change. I don't let it fluctuate much otherwise.
I know from scuba diving that the water temps in many places are dictated by the seasons and the corals survive that. It's typically large swings in temp that do harm or maybe rapidly fluctuating temps.

I don't really notice color difference between the temps. I've noticed more color morphing with different nutrient levels.
Just my two cents :peace:

BTW, My tank right now is 75.3 because we haven't hit the coldest part of the year in Florida.

Interesting.

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
77-78 has been where i try to keep our tank.... Think they would grow in almost any temperature minimal fluctuation is the key..... Chiller broke this summer and the tank was up to 82 for almost the whole summer and no ill effects..

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back