Powder Brown attacking Regal Tang

octoberfest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Powder Brown that was recently introduced into my tank and he will not leave my regal tang alone.

Situation: The tank is a 190 gallon (66"X33"X20") and has a large Desjardin's Sailfin Tang, Regal Tang, Powder Brown Tang, pair of clowns, and 2 chromis. Mixed reef with softies, lps, and sps. Everything gets fed every day and they're all very fat.

The Powder Brown was introduced last in my tank. It came from a tank where he was the one timid fish in the group and it was a reliable source. Since the day he was put in this tank he has been chasing my regal tang. there is a nip or two from the Regal's tail but he has no marks on his side so I think he's staying clear. I have seen the Powder Brown mess with the sailfin but she's three times his size and set the record straight quick.

So if this has been going on for 3 weeks+ is there any hope for them?

Hnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and give them for time. My two tanga fought for almost 2 months before they semi got slog. They still swing their tails at each other from time to time but nothing serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back