Purple Tang Markings?

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,
All of my tangs are doing great after a run with velvet. All coral moved out of display, 2.5ppm copper power 14 days in.

All signs of velvet are gone especially on the blue hippo. Yellow. Achilles, blonde Naso, gem tang are all great.

Purple tang has a blotchy looking film all over (still swimming and eating normal) and what was 100% velvet went away for about 5-7 days now this is what he looks like as if 2-3 days ago.

Any ideas on what this is?

IMG_4089.jpeg IMG_4087.jpeg IMG_4086.jpeg IMG_4088.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help out. I ran some tangs through copper to treat velvet and my purple did not look like this when finished. That said I kept them in a stock tank while the DT ran fallow. I also kept them in copper power for 30 days.

PS: would you share info or link for that nori feeder. That looks pretty sweet.

EDIT: #fishmedics

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you frequently testing for copper, since there is sand and rock that could be absorbing it?

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like above said. Are you testing as Rock/sand will absorb. I use Coppersafe and test with Hanna Copper checker and keep the copper at 2.5.

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I can't help out. I ran some tangs through copper to treat velvet and my purple did not look like this when finished. That said I kept them in a stock tank while the DT ran fallow. I also kept them in copper power for 30 days.

Look up norinibbler on Facebook or internet

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup this thing is cool I may need to buy one

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this might be one of the nicest QT set ups I have seen? Looks like a DT!

My eyes see ICH, but with copper that high ICH isn't supposed to be there, to my understanding? I hope the medicators will provide a diagnosis that explains what is happening> I have a guess but don't want to mess up a QT situation by guessing.

Oh, and the picture quality is fantastic. I am not surprised that the OP is making reasonable progress with their treatment plans as they clearly are on top of providing an excellent level of care for their fishes.
Has the tank of the month ever been a QT set up? @revhtree - Something novel.

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think this might be one of the nicest QT set ups I have seen? Looks like a DT!

My eyes see ICH, but with copper that high ICH isn't supposed to be there, to my understanding? I hope the medicators will provide a diagnosis that explains what is happening> I have a guess but don't want to mess up a QT situation by guessing.

Oh, and the picture quality is fantastic. I am not surprised that the OP is making reasonable progress with their treatment plans as they clearly are on top of providing an excellent level of care for their fishes.
Has the tank of the month ever been a QT set up? @revhtree - Something novel.
Haha. It is quite the QT setup - a real pain in the butt when you have to remove large colonies of coral to make it a QT setup since your fish are too hard to catch and the tank is too big lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back